• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Fury 2.0

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Apart from those listed above what other mods are you going to do to it ?

All i can say is it will be an evolving project, i may go for alloy axles at a later date, and i feel its begging for a basic interior with driver figure, i am hitting a brick wall with the ISDT70 esc, for some reason it wont connect via the bluetooth app, need to do a bit of youtubing on that front, also seems not enough room for a 550 size motor, the wheels i had put aside dont leave enough thread for the Nyloc wheel nuts and just not happy with the Duratrax tyres, first and last time with that brand.

I have already strapped in a 4200mah home made 26650 Li-ion battery............But first up need to sort this esc or fit a 60amp hobbywing and work out what im doing about tyres, i have had a big spend so not rushing into buying another set of tyres right now, i should of got a set from Injora. Another area needing work is the rear shocks, fronts are just fine but the rear nearside has droop on it that wont go away, incidentally TomleyRC had same issue on his review model.

Might add some rear lights but very happy with the stock front lights

• Like 2

update to the above, managed to get the ISDT70 to talk to the app, though sometimes it does, sometimes not, but making progress.

I might steal the tyres from the Injora rock buggy, but undecided as yet, i also need to get another 3 models onto the flysky GT3 then sell the radio sets that are freed up as this was the plan to cut back on the amount of TX`s and need to decide if i sell the Showdowns

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Looking good mate :good:

Thanks mate, i have to say i feel this is way better than the low price tag it comes with (£215) the transmission is anti torque twist and very quiet, all metal gears, has a very good steering angle, the shell is pretty scale and solid, the large clear windows are just begging for a driver figure, cant find any thing bad about it other than cheap stock tyres and a poor 40amp esc but that is all changed now

• Like 2