• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mini z question

tonytiger88

I been very interested in getting a Mini z MR03, the reason i stayed away and just purchased crappy Wltoys cars  is the fact that those uses LIPO. I had an Mini z MR01 like in 2003-ish, and i remember those AA-batteries drain so damn quickly, because of that mindset i havent dared to buy the new Mini z MR03. sure technology has gone forward but AA-batteries feel a bit outdated when everything uses LIPO nowdays. How long runtime will you get and will those batteries drain like in 90s RC cars - slower slower slower dead

Yes, Mini-Z still uses 4x AAA batteries for the car and another 4x AAA batteries for the transmitter.  However, I have been using my Mini-Z 4x4 for quite a few months now and it really isn't so much of a problem.  Run time is decent and I can't complain about the performance (although mine is a crawler rather than a MR-03 Racer).  You can get higher capacity rechargeable AAA batteries if you wish but I'm just using the cheapo AAA's with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...