• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pistonheads’ Vanquish VS4-10 Phoenix

Pistonhead

3 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Did you get the wheels from Boom racing direct or from asiatees as I’m ordering a set for my TRX 4 defender 110

I got these off a German seller on eBay, but i did get the wheel hexes direct off Boom racing

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
58 minutes ago, Shergar said:

What are the kit tyres like crawlimg? Looks a cracker though 👍

i’ll find out tomorrow lol, i’ve never run these yet, but i have vented them and i’ve been told they’re actually pretty good once broken in.

Did a couple more bits this evening, i refitted the stock hexes as the wheel nuts weren’t catching the nylock properly, as well as fitting the shorter lower shock rod ends to lower it a bit. 

Then i practiced painting the lettering on the stock tyres for when the Falkens arrive lol

IMG_7830.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

It’s been a while so time for an update….

The weekend following the previous post, I took to Loe Bar again, it had rained heavily three days prior and was very wet and extremely muddy - the tires performed brilliantly - clearing the mud out of the tread, even at low speed, then proceeded to hook on rock remarkably easily.

The rig didn’t make it home completely trouble free, and towards the end of the run the transmission developed a clicking and grinding noise. Upon inspection, the transfer case managed to ingest some grit - two pieces on an idler in the teeth, and a 3rd embedded in a bearing plate - ended up stripping, cleaning and rebuilding the whole transmission with fresh marine grease and without the spur cover and vanity cover over the top shaft.

Been out with it a few times since then with the Vanquish dual stage inserts and it’s so stable and predictable now it’s unreal.

Enjoy the video and photos!

IMG_8338.jpeg

IMG_8341.jpeg

IMG_8347.jpeg

IMG_8430.jpeg

IMG_8432.jpeg

IMG_8434.jpeg

IMG_8439.jpeg

IMG_8440.jpeg

IMG_8445.jpeg

IMG_8448.jpeg

IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8321.jpeg

IMG_8320.jpeg

IMG_8319.jpeg

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, steephill said:

That looks an amazing place to take the rc trucks👍

That last location is Chapel Porth and the Wheal Coates mine near St Agnes in Cornwall - coastal mining areas generally seem to have the most entertaining terrain to drive over, makes for some really technical and scale driving 😎

• Like 2