• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Pets

YOUR_DJ

So I hadn't really planned on getting one of these just yet but Slitherin Reptiles had a ridiculous deal on the Gecko and fully pre built Bio Active enclosure that would've been silly to pass on. 

He's a Mossy Gecko or Chahoua Gecko and I think around 6-8 months old. He'll grow up to just be slightly bigger than my Crested Gecko however the best part is both the Chahoua and Crested Gecko come from the same part of the world so their care is more or less the same. I'll get some better pictures in a few days once he's settled in and has finished shedding.

23rIqTc.jpg

Ended up going with this little guy rather than the Losi Pro Moto.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KCo7vPH.jpg

Very badly lit and grainy pic of my milk snake... happy little chap, who loves his swimming pool, and makes a total mess of any stuff I put in to try and decorate the vivarium. The big heavy dog bowl is to stop him burrowing uder it and tipping it over. Hates being picked up...but will climb on your hand if he wants to, and then he's cool if you lift him out. I reckon I would be the same....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This guy's a good 3ft or so now, I've bought him his forever home which is a 6ft Vivarium that's being built and fitted with a Reptile Radiator and a new fancy Luminize UVB light from Arcadia. Just need to work out how to get it home and hope it fits through the front door 😂.  It might be a month or two before he can move into it but I can't wait till he's in there.

POpoZtv.jpeg

1S5raj8.webp

• Like 1

New Vivarium for my Bredls Python. Getting this thing home and set up was an interesting experience and not one I want to be doing again any time soon 😅😂

Not the best picture and I'll be adding more decor as and when I can.

oI2LGmp.jpg

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Not sure if i have asked this before but do you think your snakes recognise you?

Interesting question and I believe they do recognise their keeper. There's a YouTube channel I watch and the guy has a few big Reticulated Pythons that he'll often take out into his yard when the weather is nice for a bit enrichment. One day he had one of his Retics out and one of his neighbours walked across the yard and his Retics seeing someone/something unfamiliar turned around and climbed up onto him as it knew it's keeper was a safe person/object/thing. This was a 12-16ft snake that saw something or someone it didn't feel comfortable with and instantly went to it's keeper to feel safe.

With my own snakes I've experienced something similar in fact that if I try and give them to my mum or brother to hold they're reluctant to climb onto them and often want to come back to me as they're something new and different that they're not comfortable with. Obviously with enough time and effort they will eventually feel more comfortable with new people but because their keeper is always working with them they know that they can trust them a lot more.

• Like 1

Thats interesting as i always wondered as you hear stories, there was the guy with the hippo that killed him in the end and the guy with the giant crocodile that he used to go swimming with, dont ever know how that 1 ever panned put