• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Sledge……

So, first off road bash. Comparing it to the E Revo 2.0, which I think is the natural successor. 

E Revo has a Max 6, 46KG Servo and is geared up. Sledge is box stock. 

VPlAe2I.jpg

Obviously the E Revo was quicker, but the Sledge ran rings round it. Handled so much better. Apprciated, Im not running TSM on the E Revo, but even so, the Sledge is definately a step up in tetms of handling. With that out the way  decided to try the jumps. Initially wasnt going to bash yet, as Sledge parts are rare and theres still worries about the gears…..

That said:

PKPfTaS.jpg

HeSyI3V.jpg

FBaj9aM.jpg

dkcM1kR.jpg

yZatgqQ.jpg

We werent hard on either, but there was basically a pack of lipos of this, and obviously some of the jumps went wrong so we had some crashes. 

bTbboDE.mp4

Only issue we are having with the Sledge is with the TRX - XT90 adapters coming un done, so think were going for a Max 6 🙂

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

So. Max 6 time. Also bought some extended motor wires. Yes I know you get some in the box, but didnt wanna solder. Wanted a plug and play. And to be honest, 6.5mm bullets wouldve cost almost the same money. Shout out to Modelsport for the epic service as usual 🙂

xqB3TMu.jpg

Out with the old

9J2NJTq.jpg

Loving the little wire routes

3sjtVZq.jpg

Mounted, calibrated and BEC Set to 7.4v. Stock servo seems to have woken up a bit now too?

Wonv8t7.jpg

I also geared up, bit of a faff, its like mounting a nitro engine, 4 screws to slide into place. 

Stock pinion looked a bit worn…..

EyIMjdT.jpg

Gone from a 13t to 15t (basically used the stock E Revo one….) stock 52 spur. Ill go to 16/46 when GDS etc make some uprated stuff

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With great power comes great responsibility……

Tyres are just holding on with the higher gearing and the Max 6…. May need some diff tuning. I hate diff tuning….

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

With great power comes great responsibility……

Tyres are just holding on with the higher gearing and the Max 6…. May need some diff tuning. I hate diff tuning….

Silicon ear plugs seems to be the general consensus. Feels wrong the idea of stuffing one of them in the centre diff. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...