• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas 1/8th scale Sledge Monster Truck

53HRA

56 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

In store only at Wheelspin too?

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/345280/?o=345282

I remember another recent Traxxas (TRX4?) model been the same collect in-store only for a few weeks. Maybe its a Traxxas dealer requirement? (maybe to try and get customers in to model shops, to up-sell them chargers and batteries)

edit : TRAXXAS 'FIRST DELIVERY' PROGRAM - quick google brings up for trx4 https://traxxas.com/news/first-delivery-bronco-corvette looks like scheme to get customers in to retail shops.

Edited by rushboy2004
extra info

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

In store only at Wheelspin too?

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/345280/?o=345282

It’s all on Traxxas nothing to do with the stores it’s the agreement they are made to abide by if you want to be a Traxxas retailer. It’s to make you go in store so they can push the lipos and chargers on you. Good old Traxxas 👍

22 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

No local stores with it in April you can collect from?

unfortunately not, it was a impulse I want that, but now I am not bothered, (I need/want a new mountain bike not another toy)

On 23/03/2022 at 10:54, collective itch said:

id rather buy a losi/hobao et than this. They seem much better value, and matierials quality is better.

Just as this came out, I sort of got back into the idea of wanting a 1/8 scale truggy; spent a while watching videos of stuff like the Arrma and the Corally ones, a mate of mine runs some 6s Arrma stuff and loves it, and I just wanted something a bit more grown up than the WLToys Chinese basher I've been slowly destroying , now seemed like the time, and I ended up getting a very lightly used Hyper ST Pro from a chap on here that had been e-converted.

On 27/03/2022 at 09:12, sunny said:

No thanks, I'll stick to my Hyper St Pro. 

I've always wondered why we don't see much about the Hobao stuff via the usual suspects, especially given the relative cost of stuff like the Hyper SSTE. You could I guess argue that with something like a Kronos XTR you don't need to buy all the pro upgrades, its just an out the box quick fix ready to go affair, but I'm from a era when it was more common to see kits than RTR stuff and you moved your radio and electronics between cars, the hobby has changed in that respect.

34 minutes ago, Nick said:

@Kpowell911 Sorry Traxxas have set these rules not Modelsport. They are trying to get people to go to LHS... which I get in USA but a bit of a joke here where there isn't any!

Yea its actually a good idea, I like it. 

What I dont like is the fact I was on my way to Wheelspin this morning to get one (as it was 9 miles from work) and its been pushed back to the 30th 😞

2 hours ago, Nick said:

There has been a delay with transit but Modelsport are still due to get them in store on Monday 11th!

Not sure why Wheelspin has put it right back though?

Because they're not a good as Modelsport? 🤭

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nick said:

There has been a delay with transit but Modelsport are still due to get them in store on Monday 11th!

Not sure why Wheelspin has put it right back though?

He did say it’ll probably be sooner, and took my phone number

Just flicking through the exploded diagrams/options parts from the actual Manual. 

UPGRADE Part Number 9579R worries me. Its a MACHINED diff ring and pinion, as opposed to sintered. Its also £100 for both front and rear. 

It appears you can buy all the alloy bits in other colours to match the bodies (if youre a millionaire, or an idiot, preferably both). Doesnt bother me as I got a Blue shell with Blue Alloy parts, but Id have preferred the Orange to Come with Orange Alloy etc etc

Steel links are an option, I mentioned in my thread the plastic ones are actually very decent, but you know, its a £759 truck. 

Something AJ touched on, that I never noticed really. Sway bars are an option part (9595 and 9596). Ive never really worried about them, I took them off my Slash Ultimate and they spent more time popped out on my EXB, but you know, its a £759 truck

Theres no speed pinion in the box, so the 70mph+ is stock out the box, which is a good thing IMO. 

Im personally impressed with mine so far, but it could get costly for some. 

Edited by Kpowell911

Machining is a more expensive step than sintering. It also results in higher strength parts. 

Sintering is fused metal powder, so it's inherently more porous than a machined part. So i'm not 100% sure (maybe i'm missing something) why machining is worse than sintering in this case?

5 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Machining is a more expensive step than sintering. It also results in higher strength parts. 

Sintering is fused metal powder, so it's inherently more porous than a machined part. So i'm not 100% sure (maybe i'm missing something) why machining is worse than sintering in this case?

Im saying its a shame you get the cheaper sintered gears not machined as stock on a £759 truck. 

Also, 70mph+ gearing is optional, just not included….

If  one without context reads your post, it reads as if the actual stock part is machined. 

Of course, then it's annoying. Sintered stuff doesn't hold up in drivetrains - at least not in high power/stress applications. In regards to the high speed pinion, it of course very much sucks - but Arrma does the same. My Typhon 6s v5 didn't come with the high speed pinion either despite being advertised as a 70+ buggy.

5 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

If  one without context reads your post, it reads as if the actual stock part is machined. 

Of course, then it's annoying. Sintered stuff doesn't hold up in drivetrains - at least not in high power/stress applications. In regards to the high speed pinion, it of course very much sucks - but Arrma does the same. My Typhon 6s v5 didn't come with the high speed pinion either despite being advertised as a 70+ buggy.

I can see how you read it, I did mention in the previous sentence upgrade/optional parts. Also, if there is a letter in a Traxxas part number it is usually an upgrade/optional part, but appreciate most wont even want to know that sort of thing. Ive edit it now for clarity