• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My return to racing- GT12 Class- Schumacher Atom 2

PraetoR

I does, but it isn't enough to compensate for how far off-centre it is. It's a shame, but it'll work, fine.

A 25t servo and servo saver are the best bets, long-term.

Thanks. I'm very relieved. How well it holds up to crashes... that remains to be seen!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2023 at 11:46, ReggieC said:

I picked up my atom 1 for very cheap to 'give it a go' and am finding myself in that grey area of wanting to push on but reluctant to spend! The chassis is a bit battered, almost definitely has some permanent tweak and has lived a hard life before me. Seems to always want to track in a different direction depending on accelerating or braking and takes ages to compose itself after any contact. I race it on the typical tiny village hall track, so I think I get away with a lot of it's inadequacies by driving pretty clean. It's annoying the Atom 2 is holding it's value so well as it's a decent cost to get a significant upgrade. 

Having said that, I may have managed to pick up an Atom 2 for a ridiculously good price a couple of days ago. Will see if it actually turns up before bragging too much, could well be a brick in a box! 

Going to tuck into those videos in a bit!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2023 at 20:54, Stormbringer said:

well done to him he did quite well :good:

You set his car up well to start with and pity about the screws coming loose tho :cheers:

Yeah, but such is life! He's making progress. :good:

On 02/01/2024 at 20:04, ReggieC said:

Having said that, I may have managed to pick up an Atom 2 for a ridiculously good price a couple of days ago. Will see if it actually turns up before bragging too much, could well be a brick in a box! 

Going to tuck into those videos in a bit!

The Atom 2 is great. I really like mine. Can understeer a bit, though. Need to get the setup dialled. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redback said:

cant go wrong with a hobbywing, did ask but was you able to use 2 pole in this bracket or is it limited to to a turn count?

I think another commenter replied to you and answered. It is a 2-pole, I believe. Although, I don't know what the rules are, concerning this.

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the Hobbywing. She's rapid!

730 RPM MORE than the RevTech (that surprised me)!

20240201_171051.thumb.jpg.67ba3569cdda57f3fb26d11f357bc009.jpg

However, the stutter wasn't entirely gone. It was much better, but still present. It seems, perhaps, the ESC is to blame. 😔

• Like 2