• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Painted tyre logos, yes or no?

BigGinge

I have a white paint marker pen, I have some crawler wheels. I can’t decide if I should try and paint up the logos on the side walls or just leave them as they are. 

What do people here prefer, a stealth all black tyre or something more brash and in your face with white highlights?

• Like 1

Not sure tbh. 
It’s not something I’ve really considered doing.

but
If I had a suitable marker I’d have to give a try. I wouldn’t be able to resist, just out of curiosity.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BigGinge said:

I have a white paint marker pen, I have some crawler wheels. I can’t decide if I should try and paint up the logos on the side walls or just leave them as they are. 

What do people here prefer, a stealth all black tyre or something more brash and in your face with white highlights?

If it’s for ya van I say yah! 

• Like 2

Ive done it in the past and looked good for wee while but it does rub off quite quickly but may last longer on crawlers 

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 2

It is for the van, and as it sounds like it will be far from permanent I guess I should probably just give it a go. If I don’t like it I can always just rub it off. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

It is for the van, and as it sounds like it will be far from permanent I guess I should probably just give it a go. If I don’t like it I can always just rub it off. 

Very true mate 👍 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigGinge said:

Don’t forget to show us the results 👍

15 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Don’t forget to show us the results 👍

Of course, it doesn’t count if I don’t take pictures. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a week off with the kids and because of the crap weather we haven’t been able to get out much yet. So I decided to have a try at painting one of the tyres to see how it would go. 

Traxxas Canyon Trail 1.9 painted logos

I decided to do the inside of one wheel before going for it on the outside and other than it needing two coats of paint (my paint maker might be a bit past it’s best) it wasn’t too difficult and doesn’t look too bad. So it looks like I need to get the rest done now, only thing is I’m now going to need to do the inside and outside on each tyre so that they all match. 

Edited by BigGinge

I probably shouldn’t have spoken so soon about this. The rubber on the tires is so tacky that it’s tearing the bristles on the paint marker head to pieces as I’m going along. Its making it progressively more difficult each time I start a new one; should have gone straight in on the visible ones instead of practicing on the ones on the inside. . 

Edited by BigGinge

2 hours ago, stimpy said:

Was gonna say; Shelf Queen - Yes, Trail slag - Nope!...

It is certainly something I would not do but the van looks pretty good actually I have to say! 👍

I’m not sure I’ll be doing it regularly given how much of a pain it turned out to be. Though I guess I’ll just have to wait to see how long it lasts now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2