• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo 2S battery to fit HBX 16689a pro 1/16th scale?

Bmlfc88

Guys I’m struggling to find a battery that will fit my HbX 1/16th scale.

the battery tray is tiny, the battery that came with it is only a 1000mah 2S and doesn’t last long enough so I need some more ideally higher capacity.

the battery length is 55mm, I can’t find any lipos from U.K. vendors that small!

anyone got any recommendations that they have found?

1 hour ago, Bmlfc88 said:

Guys I’m struggling to find a battery that will fit my HbX 1/16th scale.

the battery tray is tiny, the battery that came with it is only a 1000mah 2S and doesn’t last long enough so I need some more ideally higher capacity.

the battery length is 55mm, I can’t find any lipos from U.K. vendors that small!

anyone got any recommendations that they have found?

hi there,

have a look on here:

this guy makes the tray for larger batteries, worth messaging @everclear1984 he will sort you out 🙂 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, froggy8 said:

hi there,

have a look on here:

this guy makes the tray for larger batteries, worth messaging @everclear1984 he will sort you out 🙂 

Thanks @froggy8 Got few more sent out this weekend 🙂

IMG20220110143742

I think I'm going to order a second Tracer for my eldest. My young'un loves his and it takes a real beating!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bmlfc88 said:

I’ve just ordered one on eBay..

can you post a link to the batteries that fit the extended tray so I can get a couple ordered?

These are the ones, although I no longer seem to be able to find them with a Deans connector so you'd have to swap it yourself.

Your tray is printing right now 🙂

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-1600mah-2s-20c-lipo-pack-losi-mini-compatible.html?wrh_pdp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_gb_shopping&countrycode=GB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP-OBhDqARIsAD4XHpe5jgNExR9-o7eEOLDaC90TR4RX6rS0w7OrSbLlL7uhHxZ0Xmls8kEaAi2REALw_wcB&___store=en_us

Soldering is one thing I’ve never been able to get the hang of!

I soldered replacement speakers in my car recently and got more solder on my trousers and the carpet than the speaker terminal!

struggling to find a losi mini to deans adaptor.. anyone got a link would be wonderful 

I’ve used Overlander batteries from Preston for awkward size batteries. https://www.overlander.co.uk (good website).

and recently used The component-shop via EBay, they have a massive selection.

Both offer pretty good service too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bmlfc88 said:

Sorry mate i didnt realise it was that type of plug you may need to search google for adapter or even the site your getting battery from may have 1 or will make 1 up for you

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bmlfc88 said:

Correct, it's Losi mini not ec3. I'm sure they used to sell the with Deans already fitted but I guess we bought them all?? Lol

You can get them with an XT60 connector, then run at XT60 to Deans adapter. You might find yourself running out of space under the truggy shell though. I  already 2 of the XT60 packs so my Tracer is now XT60. Honestly, if you watch some soldering tutorial videos on YouTube and already have the soldering gear it's not too tricky.

Edit - Scratch that. The XT60 ones won't fit! If all else fails, have the Losi mini ones sent to me and I'll solder a Deans on it and forward it on to you 🙂

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Correct, it's Losi mini not ec3. I'm sure they used to sell the with Deans already fitted but I guess we bought them all?? Lol

You can get them with an XT60 connector, then run at XT60 to Deans adapter. You might find yourself running out of space under the truggy shell though. I  already 2 of the XT60 packs so my Tracer is now XT60. Honestly, if you watch some soldering tutorial videos on YouTube and already have the soldering gear it's not too tricky.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-1600mah-2s-30c-lipo-pack.html?wrh_pdp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_gb_shopping&countrycode=GB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP-OBhDqARIsAD4XHpeMC-rdxy2e8S1Y5CVKeDYmGAZbNe4ez7Ep_wTcWJz1QFWvmhWMcGkaAj59EALw_wcB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP-OBhDqARIsAD4XHpeMC-rdxy2e8S1Y5CVKeDYmGAZbNe4ez7Ep_wTcWJz1QFWvmhWMcGkaAj59EALw_wcB

That sounds like a plan mate :good:

11 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Just did a search on Hobbyking and there are plenty of batteries that will fit. Unfortunately they all have XT60 connectors though.

I'll stop spamming this thread now. @Bmlfc88feel free to drop me a PM if you're still stuck.

legend… I will probably be in touch too be honest seeing as you offered haha

• Like 3