• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Getting back into RC after a long time away

Bmlfc88

Hi all,

looking to get back into RC after being out of it since I was in my teens (now 33).

been doing a lot of research mainly assisted by YouTube.. looking for a brushless powered off road truck in the sort of £150-250 range (not including LiPo batteries and charger)…

any recommendation welcome, been looking at Maverick Quantum MT flux, HPI jumpshot, FTX carnage, team associated rival MT10 amongst others…

1 hour ago, Bmlfc88 said:

Hi all,

looking to get back into RC after being out of it since I was in my teens (now 33).

been doing a lot of research mainly assisted by YouTube.. looking for a brushless powered off road truck in the sort of £150-250 range (not including LiPo batteries and charger)…

any recommendation welcome, been looking at Maverick Quantum MT flux, HPI jumpshot, FTX carnage, team associated rival MT10 amongst others…

welcome to the forum 🙂 

out of the cars you mentioned, i was going to get the mt10 rival as i watched some reviews on it and it was quite durable. i was going to get it at one point but changed my mind as i wanted something abit smaller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bmlfc88 said:

I’m tempted to get a HBX 16889a Pro maybe first and see how I go with that, if I get back into it then upgrade to something along the lines of the MT10 rival 

there is a thread on that car:

quite a few people like them, perhaps have a read on it and see what people have upgraded on theirs.

• Like 1