• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My TRX 4 sport kit "build thread"

Sooo I was half right you need the harness too work the roof bar light. Traxxas has been really cheeky in the fact that you can plug it into the module but it's dimmed or not giving full brightness, to get full power out of it you need the harness as the light bar has two connectors on it which both need to be plugged in and the module only has one slot for the light bar which is why you need the harness.

Edited by supersavage

25 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Traxxas has been really cheeky in the fact that you can plug it into the module but it's dimmed or not giving full brightness, to get full power out of it you need the harness as the light bar has two connectors on it which both need to be plugged in and the module only has one slot for the light bar which is why you need the harness.

You may be giving traxxas, and their electronics design skills, too much credit for this one; I suspect Halon's Razor might apply here:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

• Like 1

Been looking at the pro scale light system as I'd like to be able to turn the lights on and off not really bothered by the other functions though they're cool to have, but it's really expensive so that'll be a while before get it. Also want to get a winch for it but I'd like to get a metal bumper but I'm struggling to find one that suits the sport body.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Shergar said:

What foams are you running, and what foams are you buying SS?

Still running the stock ones at the moment. I'd like to get some Crawler Innovations ones but haven't got around to it yet.

• Like 1