• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

Pleased you decided to continue with the build, all the bolt heads on my rtr coyote seem to be made of cheese so every time i remove one its replaced with a better quality stainless one

Loving the new shell 👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wombat said:

Pleased you decided to continue with the build, all the bolt heads on my rtr coyote seem to be made of cheese so every time i remove one its replaced with a better quality stainless one

Loving the new shell 👍

thanks wombat, shell should look sweet once its painted, should be a dull red kinda old looking

• Like 2

Is there a complete screw set you can buy as an upgrade sort of thing or would you have to buy each different size screw separately to replace the stock ones ?

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

not aware of a complete screw set, but the tip i was given of putting grease on each screw thread really helped also you HAVE to use decent quality hex drivers, i always use German Wera hex drivers

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh decent hex drivers really help :good:

Any recommendations other than the Wera ones not that the price of a decent set puts me off I know you get what you pay for

3 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Any recommendations other than the Wera ones not that the price of a decent set puts me off I know you get what you pay for

The Wera are about £5.20 each on ebay, they are the best you can get and only need 1.5mm and 2.0mm, though i plan on getting a 2.5mm at some point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

The Wera are about £5.20 each on ebay, they are the best you can get and only need 1.5mm and 2.0mm, though i plan on getting a 2.5mm at some point

I’ve found 4 Wera drivers 1.5mm 2mm 2.5mm and 3mm for £24 that’s the 4 I see and use the most on RC’s so I’ll be making an order soon 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I’ve found 4 Wera drivers 1.5mm 2mm 2.5mm and 3mm for £24 that’s the 4 I see and use the most on RC’s so I’ll be making an order soon 😁

on the back of this i just ordered the 2.5mm, they are super quality

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on the wera drivers, been using some cheap eBay ones which have been good but been feeling the need for some quality ones, will be ordering some soon, 👍👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I now need a rear bumper but not the stock one, think i may have to try and make one with very limited tools, i wonder if @Fat Freddy has done something like this

I have.
Badly.

Reckon your D90 bumpers will look way better tbh.

Did something simpler for the Element….image.thumb.jpg.9b491c1080568607c33ad4107d5705e9.jpg

Aluminium rod cut to length. Used a heavier rod for the actual bumper. Drilled and tapped the ends of the smaller rods that slide in where the stock bumper fitted. 

Highly recommend Macc Models https://maccmodels.co.uk/product-category/materials/aluminium-sections/ as a source for raw materials.

A thread tapping tool would be useful if you go this way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Cheers Freddy, i will have to make do with what i have got, i am also over doing this truck, it was meant to be a basher of a crawler and at this rate i wont want to damage it

They look better with mud and scratches. 😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1