• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

2 hours ago, ostewart said:

How good are the shocks on these? are they smooth and do they leak?

Also has anyone tried their upgrade proshocks 2?

depends what shocks you got, i hear the shocks on kit models are better than RTR models, but even RTR can be fettled and lubed to work well

21 hours ago, Exe_RC28 said:

Ordered some Desert Lizards today, went for 100mm and 30 weight oil. Also got some deep woods and a etronix 21.8kg servo. 

That should be it for the upgrades for a while, said that before though. 

Merry Christmas all. 

Nice one I got the 90mm for mine as i.e stock length these are the ones people on the carisma group recommend.,they are apparently very good but take some dialing due to the different tuning options they have. Can you post a pic of the deep woods mounted up when you have them as the pics i've seen of them on coyotes they look too big. 

Guess what arrived today. Just unboxed and thought some pics would be worth uploading before tomorrow’s test run (may not be this clean again?)  - weather permitting. Great first impressions and loving the scale look! No doubt there will be upgrades in due course. @Exe_RC28 - now that is a look I like! Some real inspiration there. 

6ACA3E50-168F-41F8-AE04-006230F0EFBE.jpeg

790655C7-6745-411E-A67E-914512A113CC.jpeg

63848779-85AA-4911-AA11-89E4B988694E.jpeg

C25944C7-077E-48CE-B09F-BBD93A605C96.jpeg

B182ED9A-F462-475A-A72B-CE045D07CD84.jpeg

• Like 3

I messed up the shell of my Coyote a bit.  🙄

The window stickers were constantly peeling off, so I took them off completely, and decided to respray the whole thing while I was at it.  The colour I chose turned out wrong, and the black acrylic paint that I used for the windows soaked into the masking tape and made a mess.  It might still be salvagable, but I now have something else in mind - a Killerbody D90 hardbody! 😀

I ordered the new body on xmas eve, and in the meantime I've tried to shorten the wheelbase from 285mm to 280mm.  I used 3mm threaded rod to make 4 new suspension.. er.. rods? Links?  The long, threaded bits!

IMG_04012022_114643_(1920_x_1440_pixel).thumb.jpg.1d59570263e65acdc9207315f3882b44.jpg

The new links are 5mm shorter than the originals, and the wheelbase is now more like 281mm. I also switched the shock towers to bring the suspension forward, but it's gone from being 5mm too far back to being 5mm too far forward.  😛  Should be okay, I hope.  I can fettle it a bit once I can see how the new body offers up.

I'm not sure what to do about the exposed threads.. I could add a ton of hama beads, or use heat shrink, but does anyone know of anything a bit more hard wearing?  I haven't been able to find 3mm ID tubing, other than fish tank filter tubing.

edit: Standoff spacers!  That's what I needed. 

Edited by voorsk
body, not shell

I have ordered a coyote 2.1 this is for the wife to use, should be here tomorrow I am slightly miffed that charisma have gone to. Wheel bearings and no update on web listing as it would of been better with bronze bushes, these don't rust like bearings do, plan at some point re painting outside of shell in dark blue but gonna shoot some silver in places first so I can weather it to get what looks like primer and bare metal on some corners need to make it as waterproof as poss seing as she will run it in any water about

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice 1 mate :good:

Cant you get the bronze bushes and retro fit them either before its run or when they fail ?

I think i have some bushes being sorted from the facebook group a kind chap says he has a few sets from doing upgrades, these is me wanting to downgrade, but a crawler does not need fancy bearings, bushes last for ages and dont rust !

I will be fitting alloy beadlocks but keeping the stock AT tyres,  and changing the radio out, i can see this being a very capable rig, will also be getting aftermarket front steering link and drag link

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voorsk said:

I messed up the shell of my Coyote a bit.  🙄

The window stickers were constantly peeling off, so I took them off completely, and decided to respray the whole thing while I was at it.  The colour I chose turned out wrong, and the black acrylic paint that I used for the windows soaked into the masking tape and made a mess.  It might still be salvagable, but I now have something else in mind - a Killerbody D90 hardbody! 😀

I ordered the new body on xmas eve, and in the meantime I've tried to shorten the wheelbase from 285mm to 280mm.  I used 3mm threaded rod to make 4 new suspension.. er.. rods? Links?  The long, threaded bits!

IMG_04012022_114643_(1920_x_1440_pixel).thumb.jpg.1d59570263e65acdc9207315f3882b44.jpg

The new links are 5mm shorter than the originals, and the wheelbase is now more like 281mm. I also switched the shock towers to bring the suspension forward, but it's gone from being 5mm too far back to being 5mm too far forward.  😛  Should be okay, I hope.  I can fettle it a bit once I can see how the new body offers up.

I'm not sure what to do about the exposed threads.. I could add a ton of hama beads, or use heat shrink, but does anyone know of anything a bit more hard wearing?  I haven't been able to find 3mm ID tubing, other than fish tank filter tubing.

edit: Standoff spacers!  That's what I needed. 

I would suggest heat shrink will be the best bet for a nice tight finish. Good going on such a mod, will be good to see the finished article with the body on. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

New Coyote arrived, very fast from model sport, this is gonna be my wifes rig, it will be getting Alloy beadlocks but keeping the AT tyres, may swap the radio, will see if she likes the stock 8000, ordered metal steering links, got a 13kg MG servo on order.

Need to tear it down and grease all the axles and stuff in black Moly grease and sort an LED light set for it...........that will keep me busy for a while, also talk of repainting the shell on outside in dark blue with a bit of a "weathered" look

coyote 1.JPG

coyote 2.JPG

coyote 3.JPG

Tell Claire it looks a Bobby dazzler 🤩

• Haha 1