• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing Smart or Silly?

lorrylemming

When you go out for a bash which one of these do you follow more often? 

Smart bashing, generally:

• Not driving where there's obstacles that will wreck a car, eg car parks with lampposts. 
  • Planning jumps before trying them. 
  • Not attempting things your car can't do, (eg my buggy can't really back flip so I don't try) 
  • Doing test runs before something ambitious, eg if I want to do 3 consecutive jumps on a bmx track I'll do each one on its own first.  Or doing a practice run up before trying to clear a gap. 

Silly bashing is the opposite I suppose, but really anything where a crash could have been avoided by planning a trick before trying it. 

YouTube examples, rich duperbash is in my book a smart basher as he seems to plan his stunts. Kev Talbot is silly as he just has a go at anything he sees in the moment. 

Not saying there's a right way to do things but I thought it would be interesting to here what people think about their own style. 

• Like 2

Isn't everything silly bashing now.  As the cars have not caught up with the lipos and motor/esc.

I think diffs have got better as they use to go before a arm would

Edited by turok007
  • Like 2