• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Amazon Prime Day

Nick

Well, not really any bargains on Chinas biggest market place anymore but I picked up another Amazon Echo since I uneasily went down that route for my smart house setup.

Then also got a battery powered lawn mower and strimmer, which I'm more than excited than I should be to try out. :lol: It could be a huge waste of money but the thought of no cables to maintain the grass sounds amazing! And so does trying to put RC batteries and motors in it when it gives up after a few years.

Anyone else scooped anything?

34 minutes ago, Nick said:

Well, not really any bargains on Chinas biggest market place anymore but I picked up another Amazon Echo since I uneasily went down that route for my smart house setup.

Then also got a battery powered lawn mower and strimmer, which I'm more than excited than I should be to try out. :lol: It could be a huge waste of money but the thought of no cables to maintain the grass sounds amazing! And so does trying to put RC batteries and motors in it when it gives up after a few years.

Anyone else scooped anything?

What on earth? Are we in a relationship? My Mrs went on Prime Day today...... and brought an Echo Dot, battery powered lawn mower and strimmer????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guns said:

What on earth? Are we in a relationship? My Mrs went on Prime Day today...... and brought an Echo Dot, battery powered lawn mower and strimmer????

:lol:

I went with this battery mower, it was a HARD choice, as a lot of the cheaper ones were too low power or low capacity for my lawn size and then everything else was a heck more expensive:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PV3KXX1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But for a first go at battery mowing, it should give me a good idea! I got the matching strimmer too. TBH, anything should be a step up from my current mower which was some £20 thing from Argos, which I've been reluctant to replace as it does the job. :lol:

Had a go with new mower at lunch and wow really happy with it, so much easier with no cable and cuts the grass so well, impressed. :good:

The strimmer I got though could be a little more powerful, but it does the job.

Just now, Nick said:

Had a go with new mower at lunch and wow really happy with it, so much easier with no cable and cuts the grass so well, impressed. :good:

The strimmer I got though could be a little more powerful, but it does the job.

Ok, youre not my Mrs, ours arrives tomorrow haha

• Haha 3