• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Buggy From Tamiya: TD4 - Teaser

TWINSET

Another NEW chassis from Tamiya this year? Covid must have really pushed sales up if they can afford to launch new stuff!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Like you expect there to be any stock…

Well yes, that's another thing altogether..................................

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

It’s Tamiya, how many years will the timer start at?

I reckon it will be out for Christmas 

It's nearly very nice to look at, the weird circles on the nose need to go, the wing needs to be bigger and a big air intake behind the driver. Maybe some kind of bumper that comes up to meet the nose too. 

Hopefully the chassis is a good one and gets some more bodies. 

Reminds of trackmania cars if anyone has played that game. 

png-transparent-formula-one-car-trackmania-2-canyon-trackmania-2-stadium-radio-controlled-car-logo-voiture-game-racing-car.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

It's nearly very nice to look at, the weird circles on the nose need to go

Yup, par for the course with Tamiya:  take a reasonable shell then properly wreck it for a couple of screw heads

204751956_3888697644590476_766297685261848519_n.jpg.ec929b0db3215d7019d4a8fdf9bf6e9a.jpg

Same happened with the Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover reworks - shock towers were too tall so they just cut holes in the bodyshell bonnets

They even had to run the front shocks upside-down  to make the holes as small as possible ☹️/🤪

top700.jpg.319ddd4e2cd1a4af5626f017d3f9a62d.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

Same happened with the Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover reworks - shock towers were too tall so they just cut holes in the bodyshell bonnets

They even had to run the front shocks upside-down  to make the holes as small as possible ☹️/🤪

Wow! 😂😂😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

I’m sure they’re utterly pointless but I like the cycle wings 👌

3 minutes ago, bigoggy said:

Fugly as sin, it's a hard no from me.

I’d like to clarify that I only like the cycle wings - the rest can get in the sea

• Haha 2

There's a few stills in here that show off things a bit more. Worked out another thing I don't like, the previous Avantes both had a coke bottle waist but this car has the chassis of a square 4wd buggy with curves on top. Doesn't mesh well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TWINSET said:

Yup, par for the course with Tamiya:  take a reasonable shell then properly wreck it for a couple of screw heads

204751956_3888697644590476_766297685261848519_n.jpg.ec929b0db3215d7019d4a8fdf9bf6e9a.jpg

Never run the shocks upside down on any of my HB/SR builds, can't remember if the instructions had them inverted but I'm sure I'd have fitted them as such if they did.

It's a shame they spent so much money on developing the chassis that there was no budget left for designing a shell and wheels. 

• Like 3

Ridiculous Tamiya Idea #438:  Changing the battery

Loosen two screws at '1'

Remove two 'body clips' from steering assembly at '2'

Lift shock and steering bellcrank sub-assembly '3' out of the way, pivoting on shock ball ends '4'

💩

209674506_3894440360682871_8477503526252480378_n.thumb.jpg.21d5656bd5d80737a8ac54eeca55bf50.jpg

Skip to 54:56 - They don't even get the battery out 😆

Edited by TWINSET
  • Haha 2