• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

convert hyper 7 black or buy a radix?

Yrkoon

1 minute ago, Bert_w164 said:

Haha, I know the feeling...I should be asleep right now, but the baby is busy randomly kicking her legs while she sleeps...for a six month old she has some pretty strong kicks...

hehe awesome im lucky i only have a niece that is over 2 so i get all the awesome cute stuff and none of the restless night nonsense 🙂

My little monster, she's not too bad, not sure where the kicking during sleep comes from...okay I do, I apparently do the same, I will throw the duvet off the bed in my sleep and do all other weird things...

And enjoy not having kids for now, I never saw myself having kids (always avoided it tbh...then I met, my now wife...) And somehow I have a kid. 😒

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

My little monster, she's not too bad, not sure where the kicking during sleep comes from...okay I do, I apparently do the same, I will throw the duvet off the bed in my sleep and do all other weird things...

And enjoy not having kids for now, I never saw myself having kids (always avoided it tbh...then I met, my now wife...) And somehow I have a kid. 😒

hehe awesome, maybe one day 🙂

18 hours ago, Fuzzock said:

It is Mod 1

Ian...

nice

this makes me happy

i got alot different MOD1 pinions

what would you guys start whit in motor pinion size with 2200kv 150a 4274 combo

i like to have it 4s only this time.

Decent speed, not speedrunning,  anyways decent speeds i wish

my goal is 45-50mph / topspeed, can it be done with only 4s in converted Hobao 7 ?

I have many 4s lipos. Because i run 8s mostly,  4s in series with my many other rigs

i will use aftermarked highspeed cooling fans 7.4v in esc and dual at motor,  this maybe helps me be able to gear it little bit higher

and have esc at max punch setting this time.  Because my plan is run it 4s only.

Less weight and for the easyness,  use single pack only

What oil weight you guys use in dampers ?

I have forgott what Hobao 7 have.

I have the PRO version,  i have not drive this rig in 6-7 years.

It is time E convert it and drive it sometimes i feel now 🙂

i also got the spider center diff, what oil weight do i need there? and in the front and rear diff`?

sorry if this is alot OT.

I need change all the fluids before first run , they are so old now.

made a start on the hyper 7, took out engine etc

i cleaned the back diff and put in some 15,000 weight diff oil, reckon ill try 100k centre and 50k at front which is what i run my vse on.

centre one has 3 out of 4 screws stripped on the wee top bit of the mount so gonna be a challenge to get that one out lol

back diff, the seal was total mangled but luckily i got an ecig one to fit  🙂

CVspZzM.jpg

oQ8kA2R.jpg

ksGbcSW.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome start. If you get stuck with the diff let me know, I should have a spare in my tool box...I could rebuild it and shove some 100k oil in it for you too! Also are you sure you don't want to sell me the engine, I don't care if it's totalled I'll rebuild it - that and I'm struggling to find a nitro engine 😂

Edited by Bert_w164

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

Some good progress there, looks like a nice way to spend a sunny afternoon - just missing a nice cold beer (or cup of tea if like me you're not allowed the sauce anymore)!

he doesnt drink tea but he had his sauce tonight 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Awesome start. If you get stuck with the diff let me know, I should have a spare in my tool box...I could rebuild it and shove some 100k oil in it for you too! Also are you sure you don't want to sell me the engine, I don't care if it's totalled I'll rebuild it - that and I'm struggling to find a nitro engine 😂

what size engine you looking for ?

his engines good going engine really fast but it eats pullstarts and glow pplugs then decides to go 🤪

yeh that engine  basically does this,

1. it idles and rips a pull start out...

2. it runs and rips a pull start out

3. it reckos os/8 glow plugs

4. 2 tanks later and i lost another 3 os/8 plugs.....

i bought a starter box bcause of that engine and it just has a pull start cover on the back of it with no internals.

i always used a temp gun on it and ran it about 120 c, oh i had to use a hairdrier on it to get it started on the first day i had it lol

yeh im drunk and i shouldnt be but meh 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

what size engine you looking for ?

his engines good going engine really fast but it eats pullstarts and glow pplugs then decides to go 🤪

Any to be honest. Just want to get the Dominator running not looking for crazy performance and the fact that it eats pullstarts and plugs is interesting 😁

1 minute ago, Yrkoon said:

yeh that engine  basically does this,

1. it idles and rips a pull start out...

2. it runs and rips a pull start out

3. it reckos os/8 glow plugs

4. 2 tanks later and i lost another 3 os/8 plugs.....

i bought a starter box bcause of that engine and it just has a pull start cover on the back of it with no internals.

i always used a temp gun on it and ran it about 120 c, oh i had to use a hairdrier on it to get it started on the first day i had it lol

Call me insane but that has my interest because it sounds totally bonkers. I can get the mad scientist to rip out the piston rings you fried with that 100shot of nitrous. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Any to be honest. Just want to get the Dominator running not looking for crazy performance and the fact that it eats pullstarts and plugs is interesting 😁

yeh it gets old and expensive fast, the cost of they plugs could of bought me a engine thats not a noob lol

Edited by Yrkoon

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

im keeping 1 nitro tho 

not sure yet what 1 lol

I'm not fussy, the dominator will be going to my nieces an they don't need to be living their lives by quarter miles 

Btw what's the relation between you two? 😁

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Haha 1

the only 1 thats been run recently which was last summer was the 21 in hyper 7 

the other 2 did run but no idea what they like just now 

will have look morrow and see what like they are 

• Like 1