• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello everybody!

D-Mon

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the hobby, I recently picked up and built a Tamiya DT-03 and have done a couple of short solo bashes since the rules for England eased on Monday. I'm completely new to off-road, only having done some light (and infrequent) on-road bashing with a TT-01 when I was a teenager a number of years ago. I'm based on the East Kent coast and have made use of some of the beach in the quieter hours to avoid the many MAMILs and dog walkers that appear from 7am onwards and learnt full well how much of pain sand can be to clean!

Hoping to make it a regular hobby and as places open up and rules relax, heard of a couple of tracks in Kent that seem like they might be fun to check out in due course. Want to eventually go up to 1/8th and give nitro a go but will be a while before thats possible due to current location and living arrangements. Similar issues when it comes to storing LiPos so doing everything with NiMH for now too.

Thought I'd share a photo of my DT-03 after it was first built. Its a little outdated as after I built it and used it indoors I got an idea of what kinds of upgrades I might like to add, so not pictured are the upgraded spring set and 17t brushed motor (umming and ahhing over going brushless later on, might just wait till I get a more capable buggy). The wing is a third party ABS one that looks much better than the stock polycarb in my opinion :D .

Current specs are:

Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 brushed ESC;

Etronix 17t Modified Brushed motor;

Allturn USA low-profile BB/MG high-speed servo (about 9-10kg iirc);

Dumborc something or other 6ch radio system (all I remember is that its the dirt cheap one and has no gyro);

Kit wheels and tyres;

Alloy wheel hexes on rear;

Light weight gear shafts;

17t steel pinion ;

Rubber sealed ball bearings;

Tamiya DT-03 spring set (red soft springs fitted);

Overlander NiMH batteries.

Anyway, hope to learn something by lurking here and maybe get in on some bashing as things return to normal. IMG-DT03.thumb.jpg.e023f9b21c0f19ab83ed863113bcd45f.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome! :cheers:

DT-03 looks awesome, almost too good to use!

1/8 nitro racing quickly becomes addictive - you can type your postcode into the club search function on the BRCA website and find your closest tracks :good: