• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car stops working after a few minutes

MrCasual

Hi, apologies if this isn’t the right place to post questions. 

I have a Ripmax Husky which runs great. Very fast and responsive. However after about 5 minutes it stops working properly, and will only move an inch forward before emitting three beeps. I assumed this meant the battery was flat - but if you pick up the car, pressing the throttle makes the wheels spin as though it still has full power.

I’ve tried re-pairing the controller but this doesn’t make any difference. My battery is only 1300mAh, which is less powerful than others. Also the “straw” holding the antenna broke ages ago, but this doesn’t seem to affect performance. 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

58 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

check the electronic speed controller is set to nihm and not lipo you may need to check manual for how to do that tho

There’s no mention of that in there. Can’t see any switches other than the on/off and pairing button. 

I quick look indicates that it is a brushed motor, electronic esc, check motor and/or esc are not getting hot, how are you charging the battery, trickle charger?  First place is to check battery. If you have a charger that measures how many amps it puts into the battery, then you know if it is getting to full capacity from being fully discharged. A flat battery will be 6.0V or less, a freshly charged battery is about 8.4V. Has the battery been left for many months before recharging?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies.  Sounds like it could be the battery.  It goes many months without being used, sometimes it's left flat, other times I charge it and then leave it in the box for months.  I'm guessing this isn't the best approach.