• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2s battery?

Yrkoon

hey guys i have 2 of these batteries

i6f24vg.jpg

untill recently i was getting about 40 odd mins on a lunch box with one of them on a stock 27 turn motor and about 10-15 mins with 2 on a hyper vse.

now a single one is giving me about 15 -20 mins on the lunch box at most...

not sure what is going on, to be fair i do submerge them in the lunchbox a fair bit for massive puddles and the temps are colder recently.....

should i be worried?

seems a drastic drop in run time and other cars are in ice cold temps at the moment and they seem fine, like my triton earlier is using a much older 5000mah battery and that is fine as was the 5500 mah 4s i had out in my kronos earlier which is also gens ace.

any ideas, sometimes i get longer run time and other times nope, is that just something batteries do when they get fully submerged?

lunch box is using the hobby wing 1060 esc.

prob the temp difference brother lipos always perform worst in cold  temps ive found over the years was always told its to do with the chemistry of the battery etc

i always stick my lipo sack wrapped in a hoodie in the winter months keeps the temps a bit better and the lipos perform alot more like summer runs then 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bajadre said:

prob the temp difference brother lipos always perform worst in cold  temps ive found over the years was always told its to do with the chemistry of the battery etc

i always stick my lipo sack wrapped in a hoodie in the winter months keeps the temps a bit better and the lipos perform alot more like summer runs then 👍

ah good idea cheers bud  🙂