• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Tenacity DB Pro - owners

On 03/02/2021 at 07:39, bertberr said:

Great pic that, scenery and buggy look really nice. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this one, as I've been looking at them a bit lately, like a nice DB.

So far so good. Loving the car. I did a lot of research before finally settling on this one. Had these on my shortlist...

Losi Rockrey

Losi Lasernut (I love this car and would have got it, but it's reviews sucked - poor build quality. If they make a v2.0 - i'd buy that)

Traxxas Slash

Axial Bomber

The car is fast, but i like how i can control the speed if i want less power for doing stuff on steeper terrain etc. So far the build quality seems really good, as this is essentially v3.0 of this car. 

3 battery packs in and no complaints. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

Where abouts was that mate ?

as for the wheels some cars have toe in and others toe out so its normal :cheers:

Good to know. Wasn't sure if it was a design feature, or if there was something not quite setup right. Out of the box i had to adjust the front wheel alignment, as that seemed totally off.  Will post a map on that other thread. 

• 1 month later...

Bad news! The DB Pro is in pieces...unfortunately, and like the Lasernut, the DB Pro also seems to suffer Diff issues. I've only had the car a month and used it 5 times; and the Diff has failed. Oh, and I also lost a screw from the drive coupler, which was just gone - clearly was not secured very tight. 

I'm going to need to shim my Diff. Can anyone give me any tips on how exactly to do that? About to watch some videos on the subject. 

Thanks, Graeme

63752138966__9749FC95-13E8-4170-A745-0DEC4DD4B8E4.jpeg

63752136468__102520F2-0AFD-486D-9230-E6AF0ADAD75E.jpeg

Got mine today. 

image.thumb.png.b75f2cb01ad0445c45052e4a6ae33c05.png

Already rounded the pinion set screw when i tried "converting" it to 3s, so yay me i guess.

I'll keep the "big" pinion on, currently looking at heatsinks to keep the motor alive. 

Two sets of new wheels coming (one set road tyres, one set offroad), 17mm conversion coming, heatsink coming (soon), potentially new steering assembly (bellcrank etc). 

Not a bad list considering i got the buggy only today. 😞

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Got mine today. 

Already rounded the pinion set screw when i tried "converting" it to 3s, so yay me i guess.

I'll keep the "big" pinion on, currently looking at heatsinks to keep the motor alive. 

Two sets of new wheels coming (one set road tyres, one set offroad), 17mm conversion coming, heatsink coming (soon), potentially new steering assembly (bellcrank etc). 

That's a great list of upgrades. You'll have fun with the car - it's rapid. As I'm discovering, just be prepared to get the tools out. 

3 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Got mine today. 

What wheels / tyres did you get? I got a set of Proline Badlands MX SC 2.2/3.0 M2 Tyres Raid 6x30 

Just now, Graeme - Edinburgh said:

That's a great list of upgrades. You'll have fun with the car - it's rapid. As I'm discovering, just be prepared to get the tools out. 

I was actually a little disappointed today, ran it on 3s with the big pinion installed, didn't feel quick. 

Admittedly, had a few issues binding the radio and might've gotten the throttle calibration wrong, will do that next time. For the time being i have to wait for the heatsink, the motor won't take the 17t pinion + 3s. It definitely was slower than the Typhon 3s today. Which wouldn't be at all surprising, it's quite a bit heavier and runs a "smaller" (3150kv to 3200kv in the T3s) motor. 

Indeed already looking where to go from there, the buggy certainly looks cool (main reason i bought it - reminds me of my DBXL-E 2.0), but it isn't quite "there" in terms of where i'd want it to be in regards to speed.

5 minutes ago, Graeme - Edinburgh said:

What wheels / tyres did you get? I got a set of Proline Badlands MX SC 2.2/3.0 M2 Tyres Raid 6x30 

dtxc3655.jpg

dtxc3616.jpg

👍

edit: as a disclaimer, these will only fit if you converted to 17mm hexes.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, m4inbrain said:

I was actually a little disappointed today, ran it on 3s with the big pinion installed, didn't feel quick. 

Admittedly, had a few issues binding the radio and might've gotten the throttle calibration wrong, will do that next time. For the time being i have to wait for the heatsink, the motor won't take the 17t pinion + 3s. It definitely was slower than the Typhon 3s today. Which wouldn't be at all surprising, it's quite a bit heavier and runs a "smaller" (3150kv to 3200kv in the T3s) motor. 

Indeed already looking where to go from there, the buggy certainly looks cool (main reason i bought it - reminds me of my DBXL-E 2.0), but it isn't quite "there" in terms of where i'd want it to be in regards to speed.

Just checking you were not running at 50% power, as switch on the radio has 50%, 75% and 100% power options - i'm sure you were running it on 100% 😉 Bummer re your pinion. 

• Like 1

Yeah, did run on 100% 😉

Same radio as my DBXL-E, so no confusion there. Slightly unhappy with the steering as well, out of the box there's a pretty decent amount of slop. I'm certain i can tighten the servo saver down a bit to get some of it out, but never happy to see that kinda wobble. 

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Yeah, did run on 100% 😉

Same radio as my DBXL-E, so no confusion there. Slightly unhappy with the steering as well, out of the box there's a pretty decent amount of slop. I'm certain i can tighten the servo saver down a bit to get some of it out, but never happy to see that kinda wobble. 

Servo a popular upgrade on this one. I've got one, in the midst of installing it once i fix my Diff. 

Well.. 

Say hello to my factory 17t pinion. 

image.thumb.png.71b4a5668d2adf8553927937d994bbcf.png

Atrociously assembled. "Change the pinion if  you want to run 3s". Sure i do, but not only did the set screw immediately round out, when i then drilled it out it still wouldn't come off. Turns out they slathered the motor shaft in whatever bonding stuff they used, leading to that because of course the motor doesn't come out with the pinion attached - you can't take a blowtorch into the buggy, and centerpunching it out while in the buggy doesn't work either.

It drives better than anything else i have currently in terms of handling, but i'm far from happy with it. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Haha 1

Man these have dropped of a cliff in terms of quality by the looks of it, my old version would run 4s no worriers 

15-F05354-F930-44-A8-BDC8-D8173-F544-C1-

Was an awesome rc and one I regret selling if I’m honest, went like stink but didn’t like the rough terrain to much 

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Man these have dropped of a cliff in terms of quality by the looks of it, my old version would run 4s no worriers 

15-F05354-F930-44-A8-BDC8-D8173-F544-C1-

Was an awesome rc and one I regret selling if I’m honest, went like stink but didn’t like the rough terrain to much 

Thought these looked familiar, I had one and agree entirely with that. Was unbelievable in my cul de sac however. Just wasnt good at the rough stuff.  Didnt keep it long enough to give a long term review..

• Like 1

So that’s my Diff re-assembled and back in the car. Now to setup my new receiver and servo. I’ve got the Flysky Noble NB4 and with FGr4 v2 receiver. So here is a newbie question. See the picture below. Trying to work out which plugs go where - Spektrum to Flysky. Doesn’t help they don’t use the same abbreviations. Tips welcome, as I really don’t know what I’m doing?

Thanks, Graeme

994E2059-54B5-46A4-82E3-EF6FF9C86273.jpeg