• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FS Racing/Reely Free Men etc

NickCrawler

First post on the forum, so hello and thanks in advance for any help etc...

I want to purchase a kit for my dad, he has been looking at the Traxxas and the Axial’ but I don’t want to get him something as expensive as those until I know it’s not a phase he’s going through 😂 

He can’t afford to buy a kit so I’d like to surprise him... I’ve read up on the lower end and it seems the best bang for your buck is the FS Racing Rock Crawler, if I’m correct I think he comes under many aliases, Reely Freemen etc... but it comes with everything he’ll need to get started. Problem is I can’t find anywhere that has these in stock, I’ve looked everywhere and every single kit is out of stock. 

So I’m turning to this community to see if you can shed some light on this, and if I'm wasting my time searching aimlessly!

thanks again for any help given 👍

0C39F48B-D6C7-4505-BCDD-3C663AA1185C.jpeg

Hi and welcome to the forum 🍻

Heres some crawlers/trail trucks on Modelsport the FTX Canyon in the list i believe is a bit brittle so maybe not a good 1 to get 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/?products[query]=crawlers

there are some 18th and 24th scale in there as well 

hope that helps :thumbsup:

Edited by Stormbringer

Kanyon is ok but huge for 1/10 scale more like 1/8th and your lugging a huge body on small thin mounts.
Would recommend ftx highrock they are reasonably capable, cheap, very flexible and nothing broken with many big hill rolls, they share the parts with the other outbacks, the Kanyon uses Outlaw parts.

Edited by Redback

38 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Kanyon can be a decent truck but does need some mods to get there, would still come in under price of FS racing 

I stand corrected its just what i read about it :thumbsup:

Hi Nick, I just bought a free men kit version from Germany.   The following link is for the RTR version

https://www.conrad.com/p/reely-free-men-brushed-110-rc-model-car-electric-crawler-4wd-100-rtr-24-ghz-incl-batteries-and-charger-1692233?searchTerm=Reely free men&searchType=suggest&searchSuggest=product

It looks like they have good stock. I think they site can be viewed in English? Hope this helps? Cheers Joachim