• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s Tekno RC MT410 - M2C Game Changer

.AJ.

1 minute ago, froggy8 said:

this ocd marlarky is a big problem for most of us, thats why i dont solder, i will never be happy with it 😄 

....but then you're trusting someone else to get it right. Sorry but I can't handle that 😄

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

....but then you're trusting someone else to get it right. Sorry but I can't handle that 😄

that is a very good point paul but i dont trust myself at all so better if that other person does it who have had years of experience 😄 

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I’m a demon at soldering, 25 years being a plumber and I’m one with the solder 😂😂😂

we all have seen your soldering mate and it is up there with the best 🙂 

• Like 1

Cheers mate 👍 

Its the small things that make me happy 

3792-C59-D-AB64-493-E-9-E51-28-A2-D3-BDC

That’s much better, also changed the shock oil to 800cst, I did notice the boots are starting to perish, they will do for now though and next time around I’ll probably do away with them and upgrade to TiNi shock shafts 👌 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Cheers mate 👍 

Its the small things that make me happy 

3792-C59-D-AB64-493-E-9-E51-28-A2-D3-BDC

That’s much better, also changed the shock oil to 800cst, I did notice the boots are starting to perish, they will do for now though and next time around I’ll probably do away with them and upgrade to TiNi shock shafts 👌 

I was looking at those when I was ordering bits the other day and had to spank myself when I added them to the cart... "NAUGHTY"

I deleted them before I pressed go 😞

*checks*

Yeah I definitely deleted them 😑

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, stimpy said:

@.AJ. You’re doing it all wrong re shock oil buddy... spacer.png

All the Kool kids are going without 👍

🙈😂😂

Wait ... what>?! No shock oil?

I think I have to service my shocks after the last bash. Bit of oil leaking out. I have the tekno emulsions so it's no big deal.

• Like 1

Don’t know about anything else, but liking the look of the beemer!

Somebody is a very lucky boy, or girl, haha.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Wait ... what>?! No shock oil?

I think I have to service my shocks after the last bash. Bit of oil leaking out. I have the tekno emulsions so it's no big deal.

Bust the shock cartridge cap thingies and it  Spuffed all the oil out!! 

Was still running the plastic ones ( which I’ve had zero issue with) and I think as it was so cold and I was jumping reasonably high and landing on high traction grass That was it... 

spacer.png

Have ordered the Ali ones now 👍

Edited by stimpy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Bust the shock cartridge cap thingies and it  Spuffed all the oil out!! 

Was still running the plastic ones ( which I’ve had zero issue with) and I think as it was so cold and I was jumping reasonably high and landing on high traction grass That was it... 

spacer.png

Have ordered the Ali ones now 👍

Ah yeah, I already have the alloy combo ones. They can be built as either emulsion or bladder. Emulsion is BY FAR my favourite way to build them.

As a side note, Tekno recently released a kit for the ET410 to convert the stock emulsion version to bladder shocks as apparently they found a way to make that work better.... impossible to keep up!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Emulsion here as well, this was a expensive day 😂

FBDC6-FE7-0065-4-D6-C-B293-6-B0529-D0173

Nothing is cheap for Tekno shiny parts!... But I certainly appreciate the quality. 

Im still running mine on green springs but think I’ll swap in some Oranges ( I used to run those on my Outcast 6s). Love the small bump handling with greens but really relying on chassis slap when jumping... 

For some reason I have loads of the springs still in packets... should really sell those...

I never went balls to the walls on the shocks, I left the collars and cartyridge caps... but yeah I think you probably should go ti shafts looking at everything else you have done 😄

2 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Nothing is cheap for Tekno shiny parts!... But I certainly appreciate the quality. 

Im still running mine on green springs but think I’ll swap in some Oranges ( I used to run those on my Outcast 6s). Love the small bump handling with greens but really relying on chassis slap when jumping... 

YOU WANT SPRINGS? I GIVE YOU GOOD PRICE? 😄

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Ah yeah, I already have the alloy combo ones. They can be built as either emulsion or bladder. Emulsion is BY FAR my favourite way to build them.

As a side note, Tekno recently released a kit for the ET410 to convert the stock emulsion version to bladder shocks as apparently they found a way to make that work better.... impossible to keep up!

I have mine set up with bladders. Emulsion is definitely easier to set up! But I always wonder how well emulsion works in reality and managing expansion... 

I do have the multi option caps so perhaps I’ll try them... 

What wt oil are you folks running with oranges?  70/80? 

6 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

For some reason I have loads of the springs still in packets... should really sell those...

I never went balls to the walls on the shocks, I left the collars and cartyridge caps... but yeah I think you probably should go ti shafts looking at everything else you have done 😄

I also had Ti shafts in my basket but took them out at the last minute!... 
I figured that I wouldn’t feel the benefit of them on an MT and as I’ve been running the rubber shaft covers I won’t see their sexiness either! 
I do plan to get the ET48 shortly, at which point that may benefit from them.. 

10 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I have mine set up with bladders. Emulsion is definitely easier to set up! But I always wonder how well emulsion works in reality and managing expansion... 

I do have the multi option caps so perhaps I’ll try them... 

What wt oil are you folks running with oranges?  70/80? 

Works great, although im not expert. I just use the stick oil weight I believe, which is 700CST (Which I guess is about a 60wt, depending on brand), I might go a touch thicker than that, but I wouldn't go up to 80wt, which would like ~1000cst.

4 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I also had Ti shafts in my basket but took them out at the last minute!... 
I figured that I wouldn’t feel the benefit of them on an MT and as I’ve been running the rubber shaft covers I won’t see their sexiness either! 
I do plan to get the ET48 shortly, at which point that may benefit from them.. 

Are you going for the new one that looks like a dog with it's head stuck through the railings? 😄

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Works great, although im not expert. I just use the stick oil weight I believe, which is 700CST (Which I guess is about a 60wt, depending on brand), I might go a touch thicker than that, but I wouldn't go up to 80wt, which would like ~1000cst.

Are you going for the new one that looks like a dog with it's head stuck through the railings? 😄

It is a lighter rig than the outcast - though heavier than stock with all the m2c gear! . I ran 70/80 in that, perhaps 60/70 then for the Tekno with orange springs may be about right... 

My main use is skateparks tbh so heavier damping doesn’t upset the handling, only aids with slowing rebound 👍

- Thread drift- ET48 2.0

Woof woof! Looks awful doesn’t it?. I would be running a different body and slightly larger wheels - pretty much I want a lwb nimbler MT.  You can’t buy an old model new anymore so I’ll see... 

Edited by stimpy

10 minutes ago, stimpy said:

It is a lighter rig than the outcast - though heavier than stock with all the m2c gear! . I ran 70/80 in that, perhaps 60/70 then for the Tekno with orange springs may be about right... 

- Thread drift- ET48 2.0

Woof woof! Looks awful doesn’t it?. I would be running a different body and slightly larger wheels - pretty much I want a lwb nimbler MT.  You can’t buy an old model new anymore so I’ll see... 

That's a good point. Mine isn't the M2C custom wallet killer edition, so mine is much lighter than A.J's for sure. I run TLR 90wt in my Kraton custom wallet killer edition though, and that thing with all the Ti on it weighs a tonne, so I guess somewhere between 60-80wt would make sense if we're going to use these examples as an entirely arbitrary equation 😄

ET48 2.0 - I'll be doing the same. I have an unbreakable bulldog body ready to go on there. I'm sure there will be some second hand ones popping up though, all the 1/8 racers will be selling up.

Edited by Paul Busby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...