• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

1 minute ago, Logie said:

@Paul BusbyAlza-Racing. I bought 1 40mm mount, the dual plate which attaches so u can run 2 fans and max 6 mount plate, quick delivery and its nice quality

Yeah I have a few Alza parts. Really good quality and very simple parts, I'm definitely a.... fan.

I've taken the Max6 part off though, as you can get aluminium framed 35mm fans which fit.

Mine wasn't fast delivery though, took bloody weeks!

4 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

I'm definitely a.... fan.

71e2bc883194aad227dc32913a70b5d3.gif

@Guns

Tried Expo yet?

edit: 

I also slapped my arrmaskinz protector on today, fitted reasonably well (two cutouts don't line up as well as i'd like, but certainly not an issue). 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Haha 1

Im working away at the mo, but will be back tonight. I should have some new pinions, and Ill play with Expo. Weathers terrible however, and going to attempt to do something with my Mum For Mothers Day so 🤷🏻‍♂️

17 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

I also slapped my arrmaskinz protector on today, fitted reasonably well (two cutouts don't line up as well as i'd like, but certainly not an issue). 

Mine just arrived today, not really that impressed so far as it looks like it was cutout with a hobby knife...🤣🤣🤣

Also didn't fit the chassis I wanted it for, lucky I have other chassis's 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Mine just arrived today, not really that impressed so far as it looks like it was cutout with a hobby knife...🤣🤣🤣

Also didn't fit the chassis I wanted it for, lucky I have other chassis's 

Yeah wasn't impressed either, but it works, not gonna complain. It fitted better on the T3s. 

• Like 1

hELLO

i like my Arrma EXB Kraton Alot.

I drive mine 8s

120 km/h+ without any issues

I have been in this hobby for about 30 years now.

I have own more than 75 different RC Cars

At this moment i own about 50 rc cars

I have drive alot different cars.

This EXB Kraton is in my top 3 best RC Car all time.

I will tell some good to know things about this car.

If you wonder something ? just ask, i try my best help you with this EXB Kraton

Have a nice weekend

• Like 2

7 hours ago, m-racing said:

hELLO

i like my Arrma EXB Kraton Alot.

I drive mine 8s

120 km/h+ without any issues

I have been in this hobby for about 30 years now.

I have own more than 75 different RC Cars

At this moment i own about 50 rc cars

I have drive alot different cars.

This EXB Kraton is in my top 3 best RC Car all time.

I will tell some good to know things about this car.

If you wonder something ? just ask, i try my best help you with this EXB Kraton

Have a nice weekend

Nice to have some positive comments on here, looking forward to what you bring to the thread 👍

I think with the weather getting better it's time to get these suckers out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/03/2021 at 11:48, m4inbrain said:

It actually doesn't matter much which way it is, it's visualised on the Noble NB4. Just press buttons and see the curve change, you want it a bit more horizontal around the centre, like this.

image.thumb.png.9e6ef788b1bad355296f6aa99ac4a3b9.png

I've now set EXP. F and EXP. B to 50% and gone up 2 teeth on the pinion.

Will see what that does when I next use it! Whenever that is!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

I've now set EXP. F and EXP. B to 50% and gone up 2 teeth on the pinion.

Will see what that does when I next use it! Whenever that is!

Fingers crossed bud.

• Like 1

Just now, Guns said:

Thanks for the picture, see how it goes

Well, you're pretty close to my setup if i'm not mistaken (though i geared back down to 18t) - same motor (ish) and same radio settings, so technically it should be proper drivable now. I can't see another difference that'd make yours awful and mine good to drive. 

Disclaimer: it's still gonna wheelie, you'll not get that out of the truck. I don't think, anyway.

• Like 1

My EXB Kraton is OK with 8s 

My EXB Mojave feels not so good now after all 4 tires exploded after short run.

Kraton EXB  feels well .

Soon i will blow these tires maybe too =?

Well the wheels that i blow up is aftermarket wheels

Not stock

Cheers

On 14/03/2021 at 11:35, Guns said:

I had some free time this morning as I was up early.... Decided to try the EXB with the above changes....

I wanted somewhere pretty flat and basic just for a shakedown, it was wettish still so I avoided grass, so went to a local quiet road.....

Lets start with  the bad. This was within 30 seconds.

t5fK7ww.jpg

Now Im putting this down to my previous experiments with low viscosity diff oils.... Thats the second tyre ripped, So i thought Id poke it back in and see what happened, as I know ill need tyres in the future.....

However. The EXPO/Gearing Up/lighter centre diff oil have TRANSFORMED the truck 😄 😄 😄

It performed flawlessly. Very fast, controllable wheelies. It was brilliant. Now, dont get me wrong, my 'bash' spot was more suitable for an Arrma Infraction than an EXB, but I couldnt fault it!

I used it so much..... it stopped..... I got confused, then realised I hit LVC. I bet I havent done that for 3 years with an RC.....

We're getting there. Temps were fine with the 20t Pinion, Just need to decrease LVC a touch and add some brakes..... Then sort the tyres out?

SDYLglg.jpg

Muwt37h.jpg

rkWAz8P.jpg

Very glad to hear mate. 

Sucks that the tyre is torn, i actually think the stockers are decent usually. But, on the other hand, you needed to buy a set of two anyway, so there you go, at least you get  your monies worth out of it. 😛

Though, i have seen people happy with Badlands (obviously) and some kind of Louise/Duratrax shoes, i've forgotten which ones though, sorry.

• Like 1

Right. Credit where credits due. Ive spent a lot of time moaning about this truck, Id have long threw the towel in if my finances were better and some of you didnt convince to keep tinkering. 

Now, I appreciate that the environments Im using it in are far from “EXB”, and my Mrs Rustler 4x4 is doing fine on the same surfaces. Im not “sending it to the moon” etc. Im just “driving”. Now obviously any decent 1/8th truck could do this. But Im

going to echo an @m4inbrain comment right at the start. Having such an over powered system (I know im turned down and not as extreme as the Castle boys) is just so perverse. It makes the truck an occasion to use. 80% of the time, Im at half throttle, BUT theres a sense of occasion tootling around. I liken it to driving a very high performance car. I once drove a Supercharged C63. The 6.2 V8 one. I only drove it for a bit, and I bet I didnt go above 50mph. But it felt so special knowing it was avaliable. On occasion, you pull full throttle, it does a backflip. But you dont need too. 

My criticism now, its a bit too big and honestly, you guys on the Arrma 3s bandwagon are making a lot of sense....... 

I want an X Maxx and an EXB 8S. But theyll be projects. 

What a redemption!!

No idea what this place is exactly, but Ive never had so much fun chasing a Rustler 4x4 in a circle

EswTKlW.jpg

dNp9UZ5.jpg

27Ad85A.jpg

Links to a arm guards please!

S74QqCr.jpg

• Like 3

https://www.modellbau-metz.com/rc-modellbau/mline-hd---sparset---centermudguard-+-mudguards-stabile

Best ones, centre guard helps a lot too. Shipping sucks, can check later if there's a uk supplier, currently waiting for wife to finish shopping.

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

https://www.modellbau-metz.com/rc-modellbau/mline-hd---sparset---centermudguard-+-mudguards-stabile

Best ones, centre guard helps a lot too. Shipping sucks, can check later if there's a uk supplier, currently waiting for wife to finish shopping.

If you find one please let me know, I want to order a set of MLine MT410 skids 👍 

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

If you find one please let me know, I want to order a set of MT410 skids 👍 

I tried, i don't think there's such thing. M-Line doesn't even have a webpage/facebook, so it might actually be their "house-brand"? Modellbau-Metz is the only shop that appears to carry MLine. 

Shipping would be £14.50, but since both you guys are looking to get stuff from there (well, potentially - i'd certainly suggest Guns gets the MLine EXB guards), you maybe could split shipping? Yeah, seven quid is still rather steep shipping compared to national shipping, but doesn't really break the bank. And in terms of quality, there's at least no better mud/centreguard for the EXB - and their skids for the MT410 look pretty decent too.

Now.. They say they don't ship to the UK (they ask for you to contact them) which i can certainly do for you (or translate for you, at least) - i technically could also relay (family and friends in germany), but that'd incur shipping from Metz to my mate in germany, from there to me in the UK, and from me to either of you. 

Sorry, i don't think there's another shop selling that stuff, at least not in the UK. 😞

Hm, okay that does suck.

Well.. As i said, i can parcel forward, if you wanna go down that route. Other than that, i'm out of ideas on that one.

• Like 1