• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Binding

Tinman1711

Hi. Newbee here. Perhaps my user name should be 'Don't get out much' because this is probably an extremely dumb question.

I'm just getting back into my RC electric boats (also have a rock crawler and other cars) and thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to

2.4 GHZ and get multi model memory. Brought a secondhand Etronix transmitter that was supposed to be the 'Pro' version, with memory,

but that was only written on the box. The transmitter that came out of the box was a 'standard' version with no memory. Stiff cheddar, huh?

Anyhow, having bought some extra Etronix receivers to go with this here transmitter that now won't, my question is - can I use these

receivers with another make of transmitter?  (I can't find a 'Pro' version for sale anywhere). The second question is likely to be - 'Anybody wanna

buy some Etronix receivers?'

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

usually have to use the same brand TX and RXs  Tin am afraid :( there s a few clone recievers on hobbyking like oranges that will work on spectrum gear etc 

can always use the for sale section at bottom of page to sell the RX s ill have a look round for any pros which model was it buddy?

wheel spin have this one buddy

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/119307/

• 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum FHSS Crystal Free
  • 3-Channel
  • 6 Model Memory
  • Digital Screen Programming
  • Digital Steering and Throttle Trim Adjustment
  • FHSS Modulation
  • Servo Reversing
  • Steering Dual Rates
  • EPA End Point Adjustments
  • EXP Exponential Throttle Curve Adjustment
  • EXP Exponential Steering Curve Adjustment
  • ABS
  • Timer
  • Fail Safe Function
  • Charging Jack Port
  • Plug in Battery Box for 4 ‘AA’ Batteries (required)
  • Surface Range 200M
  • Optional Telemetry Plug Ins: (RX Voltage, Wheel Speed Tachometer,
    Engine/Motor Temperature Sensor Alarm)

Has 3 channels and 6 model memory but not sure how useful it would be on a boat tbh am guessing your after sticks not gun type?

Hi! Back again! Before I go completely radio rental, this Etronix transmitter appears to want to have rudder (boat that is) on the left

stick, while throttle is on the right stick but left to right instead of up and down. ???????!!!!????

I knew I should have stuck to marbles!!

T.

probably find its an aircraft transmitter 

if you want steering on right stick plug servo into aileron port on reciever the throttle port should be left stick up down if its a mode 2 transmitter 

if it isnt a mode 2 youl just have to plug things into various ports on rx to see whats what 

2 things can you put a pic up of the transmitter? and I think you need to swap the servo plugs in the receiver because they sound to be on the wrong sticks

Thank you (again) for the replies.

The transmitter has a 'Mode 1/Mode2' switch and a'Fixed Wing/Delta' switch. I've selected 'Mode 1' (by accident!) and, surprise,

surprise, actually read the almost non existent instructions, and selected 'Fixed Wing'. The the throttle 'reversed', it works!! The

rudder is in Channel 4 and the ESC is in Channel 3.

I think I'll still put it up for sale (probably not worth anything) and get something with multiple model memory.

Thank you again for your help and suggestions. It's greatly appreciated.

T.

003.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 1