• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best Wheels For Baja 5b?

aScottishBloke

Wheels; SilverbackRC, strongest wheels without question.

Tyres depend on what you want and where you will run most.

For on road, Hostile slicks are your best bet, medium compound for grip and hard compound for longer life.

For off road, you've got many options and no one tyre is best for everything.

UberRC super spikes are good for soft ground, they give the best grip in my opinion on soft loose ground, if you run them on anything hard they will just wear out.

Hostile MX in hard compound are excellent all round tyres for most off road surfaces.

If you are running on quite hard packed stuff, then Hostile Mini MX in hard compound are very good and won't wear out that fast despite only being quite shallow tread.

Silverbacks on my long dormant Baja..... Only time one failed me was when the wheel nut came loose, and the hex spun. Can't blame the wheel for that. User error.

Hostile MX's front and rear for me. grass, gravel, mud and woodland running. All excellent. Stay off the tarmac/concrete....as not only is the grip poor.....they shred. They are an off road tyre.

On road....Hostile slicks on the rear....stock front.

personally run uber vipers on the back, hostile nightmares on the front. Stock wheels with red arrow beadlocks, and ive never had a problem although i suspect i dont bash as hard as the other fellas here. The vipers do wear fast on anything other than loose soft, or mud so bear that in mind.