• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Infraction/Felony/Limitless owners

supersavage

I have to say i am a tiny bit jealous of you having this, but i dont think its a car i can own, £650 for the car then lipo`s starting at about £50 upwards, its gonna eat tyres...................................................................BUT i still think its an awesome bit of kit, yes i could afford it but my very understanding wife would just not understand this one lol and i just cant think of a place to run it , so i will have to admire it from a distance, would love to see it in action first hand, i will follow this thread just for the hell of it 

• Like 1

I think if you got one you wouldn't be disappointed and it is certainly a lot more capable on rough road surfaces (or pretty much any UK road 😂) than I was expecting, though the rougher the road the faster your going to get through tyres. It's definitely not just a speed run car however if you want to do speed runs with it it's definitely worth getting some high C rated batteries (100+) as they seem to really get the most out of the stock system. 

Unfortunately I doubt I'll find anywhere to get some decent high speed runs anytime soon but I'm happy to just find a quiet car park somewhere and imagine I'm Ken Block filming one of his Gymkhana videos 🤣

• Like 2

A few bits arrived from Scorched RC 😀

The parts I was most interested in were the bearings that replace the brass bushings on the steering posts, why ARRMA use bushing I have no idea.

hGkuIOw.jpg

Also got some Titanium screws for the front splitter, Carbon Tower to Tower brace and some inner fenders.

MQJ9n90.jpg

aOSBKS7.jpg

• Like 3

Tested the Scorched RC inner fenders yesterday after the rain, really impressed with them as it stopped pretty much all the water getting all over the chassis let alone dirt/stones. The only issue issue is that I now think I have to put some holes in the body to get some airflow through as it was on the warm side which I was expecting anyway. Though AVC still seems to heat up the electrics considerably more when you have it active, so apart from if I'm doing speed runs I'll have to make sure it's turned all the down/off.

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up an infraction this week. 

I also have some inner fenders coming as well as some titanium rear skid plates. I thought I would power it on this afternoon to check everything works...

I noticed the steering steers further one way to the other - For the life of me I can't figure out what's causing it. It's as though the steering servo just will not move past a certain point to give me full lock on one side.

I have set the end points twice and whilst setting the endpoints, the steering is still limited on the one side, even if I try to max out the end point, the servo just stops reacting to inputs past a certain point (whereas the other side reaches full lock no problem).

Am I being dumb or???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FB333 said:

I just picked up an infraction this week. 

I also have some inner fenders coming as well as some titanium rear skid plates. I thought I would power it on this afternoon to check everything works...

I noticed the steering steers further one way to the other - For the life of me I can't figure out what's causing it. It's as though the steering servo just will not move past a certain point to give me full lock on one side.

I have set the end points twice and whilst setting the endpoints, the steering is still limited on the one side, even if I try to max out the end point, the servo just stops reacting to inputs past a certain point (whereas the other side reaches full lock no problem).

Am I being dumb or???

If you haven't done so yet try removing the servo horn and then center the servo with the subtrim and then replace the horn as central as you can. If that doesn't work it could be possible that the steering links are different lengths which wouldn't surprise me as I think that the factory just threw some of them together as quick as possible to try and keep up with the demand for them. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys.

Somebody on Facebook managed to solve the issue, I'll copy and paste their instructions below, in case anyone else has the issue in the future:

''Turn only the radio on in programming mode. Set endpoint to maximum by the wheel and the ST rate knob. Turn the wheel to the right and run the knob down to minimum, stop for a sec then turn to Max. Return wheel to center and do the same on the other side. Do the same for the throttle. Remember that up to this point the car is off!

Turn radio off and then on in bind mode. Rebind and calibrate the receiver. You should now have full throw each way. Verify steering trim center and move the arm as needed. Verify throttle trim center. Do an esc calibrate. Now try endpoint procedure you've been doing already and then finally recalibrate receiver as per manual again.''

So if I understand this correctly, I think my problem was due to the steering rate on the transmitter not being correct out of the box... I'm just pleased its not a dodgy servo. 

• Like 2

Fitted some scorched titanium skid plates 

cDnLpxL.jpg

Next thing I want to do is see if I can get a hold of a Spektrum programming card and probably upgrade the radio to something like a DX5c. Not sure it's worth going higher end on a basher but I do want a computer radio for it. 

• Like 2

Just gave it a little test run after doing the diff oils and upping the punch level to 7 as well as setting the brake strength to 100% on the esc. Its soooo much better slightly scary due to the punch level being higher but it feels so much more controllable. If I'm being honest with the stock diff oils and esc settings I actually found pretty difficult to drive as I felt it was bit unpredictable but after those changes I now know exactly what its going to do which with how insane this thing is makes me feel a lot better. To give you an idea I had a bit of trouble holding a drift as it would just snap one way or another now it'll hold drifts all day long which probably means I'm going to get through a set tires every time I take it out 🤣

• Like 3

Shall take a few pics - weather sucks tomorrow though, so probably no test drive just yet. 😕

And yeah, already considering a new set, first one will probably turn into smoke. :D

• Like 1

Forgot to take pictures, but did have a short blast in front of the house to see how it goes. 

Well.. it goes. Very much so. Already hate the body shell (or rather the way it sits so tight that the clips scratch the shell) - and i got lucky that it's damp, otherwise i'd probably need a new set of tyres already lol.

• Like 1

Yep. Right after cars parked on the side of the road. 

Coming from mostly monster trucks and the occasional truggy, the Felony is something very different. Loving the fact that you can drift it with opposite lock around corners (at least in the damp) - my first RC was a drifter, so that's a bonus.

Needs a light kit though, thinking dodge redeye kinda headlights. 

• Like 1