• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

3 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Have you got a link to where you got these parts please? and just having a think about this problem, it seems this truck ships out with very think/heavy shock oil, a lot of youtubers suggest going to a 70wt oil, i wonder if the lighter oil would help reduce the arms breaking by allowing the shocks to absorb more impact

The parts are made in Portugal by a company called Metsafil, and Metsafil is owned by RTR Modelismo, which is where I bought them from. This is the link... 

https://rtr-modelismo.com/en/pecas-maverick-quantum-xtmt/108121-suspension-arm-set-quantum.html

I've also seen them for sale from various other model shops in Spain and Portugal for the same price (17.50 EUR). Incidentally, RTR Modelismo seem to be one of the few places in Europe that currently have all of the Quantum parts available in stock. The only downside is that most parts are more expensive than buying from the UK.

Regarding the shock oil, I agree with you. Indeed, I'd already replaced my shock oil with 800CPS/61WT after reading the previous comments posted here. The stock oil is very thick indeed, as others have previously noted. 

• Like 1

My new batteries fit perfectly 👌 like the tray was made for them.

20210217_145106.thumb.jpg.2df215c1178107b6ba70b15ecdd5ac04.jpg

Also finally got my new driveshafts & axles in the post today so fitted them.

20210217_141421.thumb.jpg.840f76d9d2ef2c2abae30ef551232f9c.jpg

20210217_142010.thumb.jpg.56e1ab5cb43b6198b2610f311a6d4fae.jpg

Managed to get it out for a spin between the showers. The new lipo has some really good punch & was only down to 70% after a good 20 minute session.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

good to see you got it up and running again, its a shame this truck has gathered a lot of haters, still hard to see why people put it down, so a few parts break, but for the cost its still top value

Thanks mate 👍  Agreed, it is a shame. The truck certainly has it's weak points, but that's the same for all RC's, and the parts for this one are fairly cheap.

What i'm most impressed with is the drivetrain. Stock spur, pinion & front/rear transmission hold up to 3s bashing very well. The same cannot be said for my Carnage which costed £40 more...

So yes, great value for money, and one of my favourite RC's to drive.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

good to see you got it up and running again, its a shame this truck has gathered a lot of haters, still hard to see why people put it down, so a few parts break, but for the cost its still top value

I agree with your point, it is a good value car, but I do think there are some design and durability issues. I don't think it's normal that I've snapped/bent two rear axles when I was just driving around on tarmac, and yes, I have the larger washer installed and don't over-tighten my wheel nuts. We'll see how it goes with the replacement HD parts. It's interesting that I had both axle failures on the MT. The XT hasn't had any axle issues. Makes me wonder if there isn't a bad batch of axles out there.

Anyway, I'm not sure that this truck has gathered as many haters as you say.  I can only speak for myself but I still love the car. If we can just sort out these axle and suspension arm issues then I'll be a happy bunny and hopefully they will be sorted with the replacement HD parts. It's mostly well designed and it drives great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxycub said:

Anyway, I'm not sure that this truck has gathered as many haters as you say.  I can only speak for myself but I still love the car. If we can just sort out these axle and suspension arm issues then I'll be a happy bunny and hopefully they will be sorted with the replacement HD parts. It's mostly well designed and it drives great.

We love our Flux, and for £150 do not expect Arrma level durability. I think Maverick has improved the metal in the standard driveshafts and axles, and recently announced improved arms, Facebook I think. The other issues are in production, mine had stripped axle threads from over tightening the nuts, ModelSport were great and organised warranty replacement.

I'm sure they will fix the shock fluid, large washers, lock tight the grub screws and servo screw, stronger turnbuckles.

Version 2 will be awesome , if I was Maverick I wouldn't bother with non HD parts, if they are available just fit them and charge slightly more, i would happily pay £30 more for better overall durability and would be great for reputation.

I would suggest we send in any broken parts to Maverick that have broken unreasonably easy, for warranty replacement and see how they handle it, so far they have been great.

Our Flux is way better quality than our Absima AT3.4, that really is made of cheese, awful! and same sort of price.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, evozero said:

We love our Flux, and for £150 do not expect Arrma level durability. I think Maverick has improved the metal in the standard driveshafts and axles, and recently announced improved arms, Facebook I think. The other issues are in production, mine had stripped axle threads from over tightening the nuts, ModelSport were great and organised warranty replacement.

I'm sure they will fix the shock fluid, large washers, lock tight the grub screws and servo screw, stronger turnbuckles.

Version 2 will be awesome , if I was Maverick I wouldn't bother with non HD parts, if they are available just fit them and charge slightly more, i would happily pay £30 more for better overall durability and would be great for reputation.

I would suggest we send in any broken parts to Maverick that have broken unreasonably easy, for warranty replacement and see how they handle it, so far they have been great.

Our Flux is way better quality than our Absima AT3.4, that really is made of cheese, awful! and same sort of price.

Cheers

Ian

Ian, great post, I think I might give one a try after all as you say it's not Arrma quality but no where near the price even with HD axles around its still sub £200

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Ian, great post, I think I might give one a try after all as you say it's not Arrma quality but no where near the price even with HD axles around its still sub £200

Welcome!

I just received some spare arms;

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/maverick-suspension-arm-set/rc-car-products/1330850

And can confirm they are the new improved version. For £8 I would purchase at the same time as the car.

If you do buy one let me know ill post you some washers, also follow the pre run advice on YTube.

Cheers

Ian

26 minutes ago, evozero said:

I just received some spare arms;

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/maverick-suspension-arm-set/rc-car-products/1330850

And can confirm they are the new improved version. For £8 I would purchase at the same time as the car.

Hi Ian. Any chance you could post a photo of the improved arms (even if they are inside a bag), or describe how they have been improved. I'd be really interested to see how they differ from the standard arms. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, foxycub said:

Hi Ian. Any chance you could post a photo of the improved arms (even if they are inside a bag), or describe how they have been improved. I'd be really interested to see how they differ from the standard arms. Thanks.

Taken from Maverick FB page, Left is new.

newmavarm.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derka said:

I've just seen you can get the Maverick Quantum+ XT Flux 3s (non plus is only 3s for speed runs) which has beefed up  HD drive train and can run 3s with 100 amp ESC. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/maverick-quantum-xt-flux-3s-1-10-stadium-truck-blue/rc-car-products/1334791

I noticed that myself today, I might have to order one. The cheap version wasn’t too bad for what I was using it for .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomr said:

I noticed that myself today, I might have to order one. The cheap version wasn’t too bad for what I was using it for .

I am torn between the new + version and the older MT flux, i have seen the body shell on the new + is very and i do mean very fragile, it could do with tape an shoe goo

14 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I am torn between the new + version and the older MT flux, i have seen the body shell on the new + is very and i do mean very fragile, it could do with tape an shoe goo

TBH I’m not overly keen on the body anyway so I’ll probably stick something else on when it gives up 👍

Maybe something like this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=26581

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomr said:

TBH I’m not overly keen on the body anyway so I’ll probably stick something else on when it gives up 👍

Maybe something like this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=26581

Have to say that 72 C10 is a real sweet looking body, and i do like the colour they show it painted in

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I think my plan is the older flux MT, HD axle upgrades front and back and maybe a Jconcepts ford shell..........oh and 70wt shock oil

I’ve just ordered the Q+ so we’ll see how it fares against the original.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2021 at 21:00, foxycub said:

It's looking good. Nice and beefy. How did you get on with V1? Did you try running it?

Now you've just got to figure out a way of 3D printing durable axles😉 I had another axle failure again today. 

Managed to swap V1 for V2. However I still wasnt happy with, so V3 came i place 🙂. Just finished. Better swapped both side arms. Looks pretty well. Am about to finaly test it over the weekend. Few more pics. attached. 

CD904534-DD7A-4C3B-B1E3-DCAD887C7DE3.jpeg

64FCCE7E-38FC-4525-A90B-EB9D45FBE6DA.jpeg

DB4DFD83-9EE4-46E2-8775-7E3164F15765.jpeg

BE4F07C4-D360-46A9-8F2E-B3E1BF0ED5EF.jpeg

BCE8B6B9-B852-4489-9609-9E3983F3FFB8.jpeg

• Like 2

• tomr changed the title to Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus
12 hours ago, Loboo said:

Managed to swap V1 for V2. However I still wasnt happy with, so V3 came i place 🙂. Just finished. Better swapped both side arms. Looks pretty well. Am about to finaly test it over the weekend. Few more pics. attached. 

Looking sweet! Let us know how they run and don't forget to upload the  STL file if it works. I'm seriously tempted to get a 3d printer and had my eye on one from Prusa Research (like yours). I'm sick and tired of having to retire RC models because the spares become too scarce. 3d printing them seems to be the way to go. Would be really useful for printing gears for my RC heli!!!

Had both Quantum Fluxes out two days ago running on tarmac. They were both running great and I've had no further axle issues despite some aggressive driving. I'm hoping the axle issues are behind me and that the two failures that I had were just a bad batch. The session ended when one hit a metal goal post at full speed... think my daughter needs some RC driving lessons. Mashed the suspension arms, bent the suspension rod and snapped the servo saver. Getting the servo saver out was a real headache. The screws holding them in were crazy tight... snapped one allen key and almost snapped a second trying to get them out. When I finally did remove them I discovered that there's an extra washer in there that isn't shown on the exploded/parts sheet. Anyway, I've got some spares here but no spare servo saver unfortunately. Another reason to get a 3D printer;) 

I have been having a think about the lower arm breakage, and wonder if this could be a solution for a lot of makes not just the maverick.............how about you get a 250mm length of 4mmx4mm carbon square rod, superglue and clamp a cut length to upper side of lower arm, leave over night then run a line of hot glue down each side of carbon where it meets the surface of the arm

Just unboxed the XT Plus 

I can confirm that the shock action is still as hard as my toenail’s .....errrr 
Doesn’t feel like the centre diff has any oil so all power will bleed off to the front wheels ,not too bothered about the front and rear.

Also worryingly Maverick have included 2x sets of the newer upgraded arms in the box ??? 

On a brighter note the HD parts have been fitted or at least front CVD’s have .

Will be stripping the diffs and shocks down this afternoon 👍

CD0EB7F0-7369-4BBE-AA36-F9C7C324D44E.thumb.jpeg.094a7aa323a63827ec3bac65ce74fe4f.jpeg

5A6E5397-7E3F-4AAC-A585-360D1D041514.thumb.jpeg.446dfbe8210ef502e21634e40432ebd9.jpeg

3AD9BE0C-6ED2-439E-9BEC-BC90F9A7EAF9.thumb.jpeg.3d31efc9436ed1a35bffcdd705302da1.jpeg

B124419C-4563-4824-B4E3-07B32A06D7E8.thumb.jpeg.760756295caccf5b203dfa289890b580.jpeg

1341FA6C-9394-47C3-9F64-46720BB8A565.thumb.jpeg.1cbb08eb1553dae7250f4fbd3ede2e0d.jpeg

• Like 3