• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

2 hours ago, Scottyb said:

It's always a bit worrying when you strip the whole car down to do the diff oils, put it all back together, then find a screw on your seat when you get up. Hope it's for nothing important 😂 Checked the car over 5 times and can't for the life of me figure out where it would have come from (M3x10 button head) 🤷‍♂️

All ready to rip tomorrow, fingers crossed for no rain 🤦‍♂️

have fun with it m8 and the kronos doesn't mind rain, hope you thread locked the wheel nuts 🙂

• Like 1

Just used the storage charge on my batteries on the front and it's mental lol. Need to do the suspension though before i take it out properly, it's waaaay too soft. I knew i should have done it yesterday 🤦‍♂️ Atleast i've got something to do while waiting for the batteries to charge!

First run, second set of batteries, barely 2 feet off the floor, shattered CVD and wheel popped off the balls 🤬 and the steering arm end shattered

How do you put the wheel back on? just line them up and give em a whack or?

Edited by Scottyb

I dont think thats way to do it mate I think you need to get the balls of the arms and put them back in from other side 

Yeh pain i know but pretty sure thats how to do it 

• Like 1

I'm sending it back to align-trex, it shouldn't be that fragile at £400, the way the CVD has shattered from a relatively normal landing, the parts aren't fit for purpose, I can forigve the hub popping off coz i knew it would probably eventually happen I only rolled the car once and flipped it over backwards from a wheelie so it's not even like i was launching like i did with my VSe. I should have known when i took the centre diff out and one of the screws was rounded what i was getting myself into. I'm extremely ****** off.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Scottyb said:

I'm sending it back to align-trex, it shouldn't be that fragile at £400, the way the CVD has shattered from a relatively normal landing, the parts aren't fit for purpose, I can forigve the hub popping off coz i knew it would probably eventually happen I only rolled the car once and flipped it over backwards from a wheelie so it's not even like i was launching like i did with my VSe. I should have known when i took the centre diff out and one of the screws was rounded what i was getting myself into. I'm extremely ****** off.

Send it back, get a refund and get a used Kraton EXB or Tekno. You wont regret it

I've heard stuff about the Kraton having bad diffs or something aswell though. Why can't you just get something you don't have to spend loads of money to upgrade it out of the box. I know there's stuff like the Xmaxx but i'm not paying that for a car even if i could afford it at the minute. I can understand the breakage if i was jumping it like my Hyper Vs but i was on pretty much flat ground with low mounds which i was jumping over, Literally less than 2 feet in the air and It landed front wheels first off one and the wheel dug into the floor for absolutely no reason and it's just destroyed the drive train on the nearside. I'd have thought at this price it would last longer than 40 f**kin minutes. I'm glad i bought it through ebay as they can't refuse the refund. I'm on the verge of giving up at the minute, The FTX carnage i bought was a piece of ****. The hyper was fantastic but too low for where i use it being a buggy and now this, the carnage lasted longer on its first run, but then broke on nearly every run after that and i don't want this to be the same as it's just deflating. It's going back tomorrow.

Hi

Sorry to hear this.

The broken CVD is most likely due to over articulation when the pillow balls pop, it’s happened to me twice, as have the steering rod ends. On most occasions though, it’s just been the balls popping.

I’m sure, at least I really hope, that the upgraded steering knuckles will sort this, though they are still just a notion!

Is it going to be a Hyper ST then?

Best of luck.

Steve

I don't know at the minute, the hassle i had with the carnage and how deflating this then was on it's first run has really put me off at the minute, I'll keep looking around for a cheap used ST for now but not holding my breath. May just get Kraton after christmas.

• Like 1

Hi

The Kronos is a great performing rc when the steering is in one piece, shame it’s so weak at the moment.

Whatever route you take, hope it works out better than this!

Cheers

Steve

It is a shame coz it's a lovely car, i thoroughly enjoyed my 30 minutes with it but i don't see why you should have to replace stuff that is broken from a factory defect that quickly. Nothing should be sold like that. I thought i would give them the benefit of the doubt when buying it and not go mad with it like i did the VS, so i took it exceptionally easy and it still broke and through no fault of my own, it's not good enough for the amount they are charging for it.

Align-Trex is horrible to deal with aswell. Being a model shop you think they would have a bit of enthusiasm and try and help their customers out but all i've got is one sentence answers and worded like they just don't give a 💩. To top it off the post office rejected my return due to the wrong weight on the return label they provided and they didn't respond so have now had to open a case with ebay.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by Scottyb
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Scottyb said:

I've heard stuff about the Kraton having bad diffs or something aswell though. 

Thats why I suggested the EXB, its got all the issues “sorted”. It comes as a roller for £419 so you would need to find a pre owned one to keep the budget down. 

Or you seem to like the Hyper, so why not convert an ST Pro truggy?

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

I was going to get an ST in the first place and should have done tbh but thought the Kronos would be better than it was. I've seen the Kratons for £415 but my max budgets around £330, don't really want to spend any m ore than that. I'll keep an eye out for a Kraton though while i decide whether to get an ST or not lol

21 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

I was going to get an ST in the first place and should have done tbh but thought the Kronos would be better than it was. I've seen the Kratons for £415 but my max budgets around £330, don't really want to spend any m ore than that. I'll keep an eye out for a Kraton though while i decide whether to get an ST or not lol

The Kraton EXB I mentioned is a roller and comes with no electrics so would cost considerable more than your budget 😞

Youre happy with the Hyper but want a Truggy, so why not sell that and go for the Truggy Version (Hyper ST)

Sorry to hear trouble your having with the Kronos mate 

I have broken mine 2x  first time hit a large rock and broke the front lower arm pin holder and did same with the Shogun then 2nd time another big rock broke a front arm 

Weve never had the balls pop out yet either and youve saw vids where we run em maybe you just got a lemon 😞

I've already sold the VS as a roller and so i have a max8 and 2200kv motor, which is why i bought the kronos XTR (roller), so i've got all the electrics anyway. Got the kronos from ATModels for £315 with the 20% off they had last week

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 1

Just now, Scottyb said:

I've already sold the VS as a roller and so i have a max8 and 2200kv motor, which is why i bought the kronos(roller), so i've got all the electrics anyway

Ahhh I see. Id definately pick up a used EXB. I didnt get on with mine with the Max 6/1650 combo, but with a Max 8 2200kv it was much better

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Sorry to hear trouble your having with the Kronos mate 

I have broken mine 2x  first time hit a large rock and broke the front lower arm pin holder and did same with the Shogun then 2nd time another big rock broke a front arm 

Weve never had the balls pop out yet either and youve saw vids where we run em maybe you just got a lemon 😞

I should have known it was built on a friday when i found the rounded off screw in the centre diff. Like i said the thing that pisses me off most about it was it was a relatively flat landing and i wasn't even using the car hard being it's first run. I don't know if it's just bad parts or the quality of the parts are just trash. If it had happened after like the 5th or 6th run i could forgive, suck it up and buy the arrma parts to "fix" it. Regardless no-one should be selling them being this crap, Its like buying a brand new car, driving out the forecourt and the wheels fall off and the dealer turns round and says "sorry mate can't fix it for another 10 months"

Hi

I feel your pain!

At the beginning of September Corally said to me via email

“the reinforced knuckles made from the new compound are available now and still have the same ordernumber.

We have been shipping these improved Knuckles for a week now.

The newly designed knuckles should be available end of this month.“

I asked how I would know if supplied the original style knuckles, that they were of the improved compound, as they have the same part number as the originals, but had no reply. I doubt that there is an improved compound as a result. I think they just want people to accept that there was a batch/tolerance issue in production, rather than it being a poor design?

Until the new design part arrives, my Kronos will remain broken on the shelf as I have no steering knuckles left, bought 7, Corally sent me 2 and the originals later, I’m not putting more money into the old style part.

Yet I still maintain that when working, the Kronos is great!

I’d love to know why some suffer this and some don’t?

Once again, hope you get everything sorted and let us know what you do next!

Cheers

Steve

Steve