• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Texaco Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500

Garry

27 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Is that your actual old car?

Sadly not but I do have a couple more of my actual first car saved in my to-do list for restoration in future.  A Tamiya TA02, M02L and Schumacher Big 6.  I'd hoped to start this year before plans changed.

2 minutes ago, Garry said:

Sadly not but I do have a couple more of my actual first car saved in my to-do list for restoration in future.  A Tamiya TA02, M02L and Schumacher Big 6.  I'd hoped to start this year before plans changed.

Ahhh that would have been incredible.

I still own my first RC in fact, a CEN GX1, which has been with me for about 17 years.

I'd love to restore that one day actually.

thats pretty sweet man.
i remember these things racing in btcc. they beat all the other competition, for a few years on the trot. only the E30 beemers could keep up with them, but they always finished behind.

what chassis is this car built on .... is it the old Fazer ?

if you could find some bbs type wheels, to go on it, it would be a pretty close replica.

On 14/06/2020 at 23:32, Inferno-Chris said:

thats pretty sweet man.
i remember these things racing in btcc. they beat all the other competition, for a few years on the trot. only the E30 beemers could keep up with them, but they always finished behind.

what chassis is this car built on .... is it the old Fazer ?

if you could find some bbs type wheels, to go on it, it would be a pretty close replica.

Much much older than the Fazer, its from 1991 so based on the old Raider 2wd buggy chassis. BBS-style mesh wheels are on the list to source but they are like hens teeth as they are 2.2in  and wide so a bit of an awkard uncommon size. Plus the rears are 12mm hex but front spin on dual bearings.

1 hour ago, Garry said:

Much much older than the Fazer, its from 1991 so based on the old Raider 2wd buggy chassis. BBS-style mesh wheels are on the list to source but they are like hens teeth as they are 2.2in  and wide so a bit of an awkard uncommon size. Plus the rears are 12mm hex but front spin on dual bearings.

its 2wd is it ? ... thats pretty cool, even more realistic to the old sierra.
good luck with the wheel hunt, sounds like it might not be so easy.

I have a similar 8year old story. In my hometown I ran into school freind I was glad to see him until his older brother and the schools two biggest bullies came around the corner they locked me in a phone box but my mate distracted them and I made a dash for it. Gone. Hopped some walls and ended up behind a abandoned shop compound or something and there was a trailer with I wanna say rs500 it was amazing but mayb just tarted up Sierra something. But had full race livery meshed out front lights I just stayed with that thing hoping I lost the older boys lol. 

Now I think its weird it was there anyone could have just took the trailer lol. 

But this is a collectors rc I've wanted too. 

Edited by RCbutcher

IIRC they did a few sports car / sports saloon models, may have even done a Cossie, can't recall, based off a modified Optima Mid platform.  Always thought that was a wonderful / weird (delete as approriate) thing to actually bring to market.

• 1 month later...

Memories my first ever RC car was the Tamiya mudblaster then i bought a brand new Kyosho RS500 kit, built it, run it, upgraded it, found it pretty quick and robust, it even killed my third rc car, in a head on, Panda ic Ferrari, i was driving the panda and let a mate drive my cossie, he smashed into the panda wiping out the front arms and stuff, these cossie`s fetch a bit to much to revisit