• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated DR6.1 Street Eliminator

.AJ.

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

what colours did you pick? 

Ive just finished painting it, it’s metallic black with silver and neon yellow, it come out really well, I’ll post some pics in a bit 👍 

That ESC should be fine. I only have a HW Xerun V3.1 120amp and with the fan on, it only gets warm.

Is that battery a LCG one? You might be able to get more mAh from a standard shorty for a similar price? I run a 6000mAh LiHv non-LCG version of that battery and it's good. 

Depending on how frequently you want to use it, but I needed to add a fan for the motor. I was out doing practice runs for 10-15 mins at a time and I'd hit the 85c motor temp cut off. Popped a fan on and it stays max around 65c. Depending if you want to do one or two passes and let it sit for a while or run it back to back while you dial it in. Some guys are only getting 3-4 full passes with their gearing and then they stop due to temps.

Edited by Derka
  • Like 1

Yeah the esc will be fine, the extra 40a over a 120a will be helpful though and it has turbo so I can mess around with that 

Lipo wise the 6200mah version is an extra £12 that I don’t want to spend. I’m sticking to IP packs though, I’ve used them loads in the past and found them to be most excellent 👌 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/electric-power-batteries/rc-car-categories/9920/992025&ManufacturerID=1266&MSAttributeID[32]=840&MSAttributeID[33]=1428

I won’t be bothering with a motor fan, if it needs to cool down after 2 runs then it’s not really problem, I’ve not built this as a basher 👍 

C6-A9-B40-E-1492-4-B96-85-CD-A9-B1-EA4-E

0-D6-C533-E-2-B94-4629-B1-C1-90-FC9-B9-F

Now it’s arrived, I’ve ordered a 45x45x28 hobby box to mount to the bar, I can then use it to hold weights to alter weight bias, it will be mounted directly behind the bar mount and will still be hidden under the body 👍 

• Like 1

• .AJ. locked this topic