• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Now broke another servo

Mack1

Broke my throttle/brake servo now, don't know how I manage to break stuff, must be talent or lack of.

I have now upgraded to another Hitec D845WP.  Total overkill but so what. Was still on offer so was a no brainer to me, and maybe a big  "if " someday  I want a twin steering servo setup I will be half way there at least.

20200417_201108_copy_1024x498.jpg

• Like 2

On 18/04/2020 at 21:49, .AJ. said:

That Losi servo most nearly be nearly 10 years old, Losi quickly updated them to a rebadged Savox, the one pictured was a really cheap and nasty Hitec 805 if I remember correctly 

The cheap losi servo was NOT a rebranded Hitec 805 servo the spline count was different.

Make up your mind up...... ;) 

3-D30-BACD-5-C8-A-4258-82-EE-B9-D843134-

Edited by .AJ.
edited to show original reply..... AJ

There was another rebranded servo similar to the hitec 805. OP open up the servo and see if the gears are identified as HS805?  Hobbico cs80  and tower had the ts 80 I have never broke a Hitec 805 servo like this. I always  broke the output gear clean off.

Edited by 1111

Hitec is my go to brand, only had one failure and that was old and used when it came to me in a second hand car.  Of course they'll all fail eventually, but Hitec definitely last that bit longer, for me anyways. 

I have been using the   Hitec 805 when  first started making them. They are ok servos. I am using them in 1/4 scale as steering and throttle servos with no problems except that I break the output gear right off.  The 805MG is much better and the 5805 is digital with better power. I wouldn't recommend them for a Rebranded losi 5t throttle servo,  Nylon gears can't handle the shock load.  I suspect that this 900t servo is a off branded china one. The internal gears on a true 805 don't damage inside like this one did. I don't see no brake stiffener or alloy diff mount which contributed to the internal damage of the servo. In layman terms FLEX damaged the servo gears. If it was a true hitec 805 servo the servo horn would have broke off. I did look up this servo and it didn't have any replacement parts which proves that it's not a true Hitec 805 servo. But since you say it is then the OP can buy the replacement gear set for the 805 servo and fix it.

You should have showed the whole post from rclagescale.com for all to see.   There's always two sides to the story and you omitted the other side.

Edited by 1111

• .AJ. locked this topic
  • .AJ. unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...