• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHOs TT-02 Group B Quattro.

Oh How Original

5 hours ago, Davy Crockett said:

Wiring is fine, tidy and like you say wont be seen

Love the pics lit up :thumbsup:

Could I ask where you got the magnets please? 

Thanks Davy.

These are the ones I am currently using, to raise the body I added an extra one, I typically just have one on the body posts and one on the body, but right now there's two on the body and one on the body posts.

These are 1kg of pull, but other sizes/strengths are available.

I'd highly recommend N42 or N52 Neodymium.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnet-Expert®-8mm-thick-Neodymium/dp/B007JTL25M/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=8mm+magnets&qid=1587304129&sr=8-5

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2020 at 14:50, Oh How Original said:

Thanks Davy.

These are the ones I am currently using, to raise the body I added an extra one, I typically just have one on the body posts and one on the body, but right now there's two on the body and one on the body posts.

These are 1kg of pull, but other sizes/strengths are available.

I'd highly recommend N42 or N52 Neodymium.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnet-Expert®-8mm-thick-Neodymium/dp/B007JTL25M/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=8mm+magnets&qid=1587304129&sr=8-5

Just a quick question on these, how are you attaching to the car and body, it is it just superglue or something else?

8 hours ago, Ag100 said:

Just a quick question on these, how are you attaching to the car and body, it is it just superglue or something else?

My personal method is Shoe Goo the magnets to the top of the body posts, once you have ride height decided.

Then wrap in some heat shrink to keep them in place and make sure they never come off.

Put another magnet on top of these and put Shoe Goo on the top magnet, place the body on, align in correctly, then leave the Shoe Goo to dry overnight and voila, job done :)

This video might help, it's on a different model, but same principle involved.

• Thanks 1

On 02/05/2020 at 21:14, Oh How Original said:

My personal method is Shoe Goo the magnets to the top of the body posts, once you have ride height decided.

Then wrap in some heat shrink to keep them in place and make sure they never come off.

Put another magnet on top of these and put Shoe Goo on the top magnet, place the body on, align in correctly, then leave the Shoe Goo to dry overnight and voila, job done :)

This video might help, it's on a different model, but same principle involved.

Thanks, I thinking of using this method on a 1/14 buggy, so will wait and see what size magnets I might need

• Thanks 1

On 02/05/2020 at 21:58, Glenyboy said:

If you buy the magnets direct from the sellers site, they have those same magnets with a double sided 3m epoxy sticker. Makes it a bit cleaner than shoo goo, for a few pennies more

Not the best idea for some scenarios, if your surface isn't perfectly flat (like the Audis rear window isn't) then the sticky pad is no good because the glue fills in the gap from the magnet not being flat to the surface, if that makes sense.

Shoe Goo is definitely the best method. (I've tried many)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davie Reilly said:

Hi there, new to this. I love the quattro and was maybe gona get one for my 40th. how easy are they to build as Ive no previous knowledge? Thsnks

The instructions are very good. If you take your time and make sure you follow them properly, then it's pretty straightforward and enjoyable. Go for it!

On 10/05/2020 at 00:48, Davie Reilly said:

Hi there, new to this. I love the quattro and was maybe gona get one for my 40th. how easy are they to build as Ive no previous knowledge? Thsnks

Tamiyas are known as being probably the easiest models on the market to build.

Very simple chassis' generally, only really thing I'd consider essential is the right sized screw driver, because you are tapping the threads are you screw, so some of them are very tight and definitely require a good solid contact point between screw and driver.

• 2 weeks later...

It's done woohoo

On 14/05/2020 at 22:01, Oh How Original said:

Tamiyas are known as being probably the easiest models on the market to build.

Very simple chassis' generally, only really thing I'd consider essential is the right sized screw driver, because you are tapping the threads are you screw, so some of them are very tight and definitely require a good solid contact point between screw and driver.

IMG_20200523_023646.jpg

• Like 2