• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

2 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Yeah same here to be honest.

I've had an ETA for the arms to hit USA shops of 1 month.

But theres some really delayed shipping in the USA at the moment, so who knows.

I doubt we will get them within 3 months.

I'm happy to pay the import premium to get my hands on some arms asap - would love to let rip with this truck without fear!

Just now, immortaljellyfish said:

I'm happy to pay the import premium to get my hands on some arms asap - would love to let rip with this truck without fear!

With postage delays it probably wouldn't be any quicker lol.

Maybe if just one person did an order for like 10 sets, it would work out a bit cheaper, as there would only be one postage to pay, one handling fee to pay and bigger discount code available.

Anyone interested?

I'd be happy to place the order and send them out as long as postage is covered.

Just now, Oh How Original said:

With postage delays it probably wouldn't be any quicker lol.

Maybe if just one person did an order for like 10 sets, it would work out a bit cheaper, as there would only be one postage to pay, one handling fee to pay and bigger discount code available.

Anyone interested?

I'd be happy to place the order and send them out as long as postage is covered.

For sure mate - count me in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

So I'd probably take two sets for future protection.

@Tabbie - @CUPRABullet - @immortaljellyfish - how many sets are you each interested in?

Probably just one set, am yet to break anything.  Thank you for sorting this.

6 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

So I'd probably take two sets for future protection.

@Tabbie - @CUPRABullet - @immortaljellyfish - how many sets are you each interested in?

One set would probably be enough for me, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I’d be interested in a couple of sets of these arms when they are available.

Even if the group buy doesn’t go ahead, could you please keep us posted as to whether RPM release them?

Cheers

Steve

Hi

Just tried to order some but as you say, it looks like we’ll have to wait until dealers have them then?

At least they are available now, eh!

We’ve not broken an arm since the original one failed, and if anything it gets driven harder now, so we can wait.

Don’t have another truck at the moment but still think these are great.

Cheers

Steve

I’ve just checked and the UK importer, CML, are showing these arms as delivery TBC, so they are coming here, hopefully!

• Like 1

Well, had a great time with the MT10 and Ryft today.

The MT10 was like a little Terrier chasing the Ryft but managed to go everywhere with it. The MT10 on 2s doesn’t quite have the pace of a 3s Ryft, but can take a corner!

Managed to flatten the body shell into a tree trunk and blew all 4 tyres off the rim’s keeping up, but we had a blast.

Other than the tyres, the MT10 survived without anything breaking, the body shell even looks intact.

These trucks are tough, if the cartwheels that it survived are anything to go by!

Great day in the dirt.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SWF said:

Well, had a great time with the MT10 and Ryft today.

The MT10 was like a little Terrier chasing the Ryft but managed to go everywhere with it. The MT10 on 2s doesn’t quite have the pace of a 3s Ryft, but can take a corner!

Managed to flatten the body shell into a tree trunk and blew all 4 tyres off the rim’s keeping up, but we had a blast.

Other than the tyres, the MT10 survived without anything breaking, the body shell even looks intact.

These trucks are tough, if the cartwheels that it survived are anything to go by!

Great day in the dirt.

Nice! She certainly handles wonderfully,  and I perhaps prefer her on 2S tbh.

You going to replace the wheels with an alternative? I've pondered a wheel upgrade myself but haven't made up my mind.

We have only run on 2s but we’re going to try 3s yesterday, until the tyres started to come adrift!

All 4 tyres are coming off on the outside only? It looks like it will be a mammoth task to get them completely un-stuck so will look into alternatives, but unsure what will fit without rubbing?

All the YouTube tyre removal methods look like a faff, but will have a go while I ponder.

I looked at Proline Badlands but they cost an arm, even if they are available in UK.

Yeah, I’ll give that a try.

I’d rather release the tyres all the way around the outer rim first, so that I can remove and dry the sodden foams.

That way I can get fresh glue all the way around the tyre.

Not decided which method to try yet, heat gun or boil, as Acetone is not available anymore?

Cheers

1 hour ago, SWF said:

Yeah, I’ll give that a try.

I’d rather release the tyres all the way around the outer rim first, so that I can remove and dry the sodden foams.

That way I can get fresh glue all the way around the tyre.

Not decided which method to try yet, heat gun or boil, as Acetone is not available anymore?

Cheers

We still use acetone in work so it's definitely still available. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086SJ19TT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_RQJ54KB437NNTGSNM9FX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ooh, thought as my wife’s nail polish remover is now Acetone free, and doesn’t work very well she tells me, that COSHH had put an end to domestic use.

Happy to be wrong, Acetone it is!

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

When bashing about with the MT10 and our Kronos, the MT10 just seems lazy to apply power? 

Once it decides that you have pulled the trigger, it goes very well, it just lacks that instant “punch” that the Kronos has. We only use 4s on the Kronos, and this is evident on the MT10 with 2s or 3s.

There are no adjustments on the Reedy ESC so was thinking that a change to a MAX10 might be the solution?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve