• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 Brushless Motor Mount

Peggy

im also looking for a motor mount for my hyper 7 & delivery seems long & not sure how things are in china/far east right now, I have read a few posts on here , somone was selling them but it was a few years back , if your still about please let us know. My center spider diff needs replacing also & finding that or the spiders gears is quite hard! im looking at the standard center diff for around £25-£30 on ebay.  If anybody knows what other center diff i could use on a hyper7 (pbs) would help me big time. Hope ive not ruined your post !  

i found a few on amazon , sizing seems okay might have issues with height .

its a good price 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Domilay-Off-Road-Vehicles-Brushless-Mounting/dp/B083WJVKJW/ref=mp_s_a_1_45?keywords=rc+1%2F8+motor+mount&qid=1581244530&sr=8-45#immersive-view_1581244595362

any one know if this would work?  Two of the chassis mount holes are spot on , cant make out if there’s a third mounting point , but if there  is, might have to drill a new hole in chassis, or go with just two mounting points.

Bearing hole is same.

Hope this helps i will prob order unless someone knows better.

E3C5B2E7-22F7-40EA-9EA6-B4C7B31228FF.png

F9C04982-C59D-4A88-8DA8-D952124B7BAF.png

Edited by a golem
i used aliexpress screen shots not amazon as in my link

The Vse mount you mention is this?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-ss-vse-motor-mount/rc-car-products/372374

It looks to me it also has 3 mounting points to the chassis?  that would mean drilling the 3 rd hole on the hyper 7 chassis. 

the amazon one I've linked is 2-3 mm taller for 14 squid i'm taking the risk 😂 not sure on 40 notes for the vse mount dose look nicer & maybe stronger , my cars old & i'm budget bashing. 

Hope it works out with meshing up the pinion & spur.

30ACE207-1B87-41D4-B3DC-8737C42C0368.jpeg

Edited by a golem
wrong link

Hi also if you look at the vse mount the whole where the bearing goes through is in the centre, if you look at the cheaper copy  the hole is way off centre this may/may not cause you problems, good luck with your project.👍

• 2 weeks later...

dose any one have any more info on the drawing i've attached , has anyone used these dimensions to cut there own mount? 

i've got a friend with a cnc machine & im going to try a few test pieces with a cheap material ( wood)  get sizing correct.

any help or suggestions would be nice. ( on the mounts sizing & drawing) 

3704C1EF-A58E-4AF7-A096-113448E8FE6C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

i caved & got myself the Sse / Vse mount ! 

i found a  good cad design for a mount from 2012 , it looks like the  one from the hyper 8 conversion kit .  My CNC practical experience is zero . i got as far as exporting the cutting paths to gcode , but no testing.

Can any  one tell me what the Oring that comes  with the Sse mount dose?  guessing it goes between motor & mount?? 

I can confirm the  centre diff mounting holes on a hyper seven align perfeclty with the vse mount , you will need to drill a third hole in chassis for third screw! (i've not done that yet) 

i dont have my electronics yet so not tested the mount.

8E3458D1-908A-4989-A221-0A74A535CAFC.jpeg

4F758114-33D7-456E-BBF6-6AC148233FFB.jpeg

42943D4A-158E-47EC-BDDC-CAD7087BAB39.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I think the O-ring goes in where the Bearing goes in the mount,  there's even a groove where it goes....  The one the center diff goes in.    Absorbs Vibrations that wear the bearing out faster.    Better than the Bearing being in raw metal.       Some motor mounts actually have a Plastic Sleeve that pops in the hole in the middle of the metal mount,  then the Bearing goes in that!

• Thanks 1