• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New ARRMA Teaser....

Fly In My Soup

3 hours ago, Simmyoto said:

Looks like some support webbing and maybe some sort of driveshaft tunnel on the chassis... I'm leaning towards plastic / composite tub chassis

Screenshot_20191119-161503_Gallery.jpg

This shot just pooped up on fb so you might be half right but sadly it’s metal and press cut by the looks of it 🥴 my bad it wasn’t 😂😂

Edited by mydoddy69

On 14/11/2019 at 00:37, m4inbrain said:

And.. that's.. an argument in his favour? Or against him? 

And no, breaking RCs due to bad driving doesn't count as bashing. That's bad driving. I want to know if things break without crashing. Here's the problem: you can't value his opinion, because he only has, at the very best, a first impression of his RCs. Does the drive train hold up? What about shocks? Shock towers? Spurs? CVDs? Electrics? If you break them in two runs (and not hard runs either), then there's something severely wrong with an RC and forums will flood with complaints. Like the 6s X-Maxx' ESC catching fire (or the Kraton v1 catching fire, for that matter). 

Hell. He didn't even catch the Kraton bending, and he reviewed all four versions of it - only on the V4 he caught it. The one that he actually bashed, with the proline armour shell. 

On the V4, it took Duperbash 30 minutes to bend it. And break a chassis brace. And figure out that the v4 tower to tower brace is detrimental to the performance of the truck. 

If you enjoy watching Vas for whatever reason: all the power to you. I value opinions of actual hobbyists considerably more than i value the opinion of someone who's in it for the money/views/privilege/free RC and does something else once the cameras aren't rolling anymore. 

That's why there's so much Schadenfreude around his idiocy, leaking the Kraton XL.  

So what's the gossip then, I do catch up on his video's every now and then, There all a bit samey, But you get a look and idea of the car, But some of the juicy behind the scenes gossip would be nice for a cold Wednesday night.

2 minutes ago, babylon said:

So what's the gossip then, I do catch up on his video's every now and then, There all a bit samey, But you get a look and idea of the car, But some of the juicy behind the scenes gossip would be nice for a cold Wednesday night.

Arrma announced new RC, Vas leaked a picture of the Kraton XL next to an X-Maxx, proceeds to blame the people that he sent the picture to for leaking said picture after it started circulating. 

If you read this thread from the start, you'll get up to speed, everything's here. The picture of the Kraton XL, and Vas' (now deleted) statement on facebook, how betrayed he feels. 

Disclaimer: that's gossip. I have zero doubt that all this is factually, but fairness demands that i point that out.

Well, That read was hard work.

He has no one to blame but himself, In doing what he dose he has been put in, And excepted the position of trust, My wife works in child education and always stops and conversation in its tracks if we move onto something she can't talk about.

When you do what he did it's for one reason only, To show that you are in this position of trust, Which is all well and good, But the people you trust, Are not in the same position.

I get from reading this that Vas has done or said some things in the past that have got peoples backs, Little more on that would be nice as I love a good bit of intrigue.

6 hours ago, babylon said:

Well, That read was hard work.

He has no one to blame but himself, In doing what he dose he has been put in, And excepted the position of trust, My wife works in child education and always stops and conversation in its tracks if we move onto something she can't talk about.

When you do what he did it's for one reason only, To show that you are in this position of trust, Which is all well and good, But the people you trust, Are not in the same position.

I get from reading this that Vas has done or said some things in the past that have got peoples backs, Little more on that would be nice as I love a good bit of intrigue.

To many spies on the web your be shocked the amount of snakes that float around on forums just so they can go do some brown nosing the guy fell in doggy Doo Doo and still came up smelling of roses and just passed the blame onto others 

I am surprised that it runs SMART stuff. I think that's very cool. 

I do not understand why they kept the stupid tower to tower brace. It doesn't help, if anything it makes things worse.

edit:

£949 on modelsport, comes with the DX2E Active, so i got that one right. 160A SMART ESC, 1250kv motor which is somewhat surprising, and Spektrum 40kg Servo. All in all, the electrics are pretty good - if not some of the best RTR stuff currently in that size. 25lbs as i said. 

Edited by m4inbrain

the chassis is fairly flat, but i has some ribs in which is good, it also have a reduction box like a truck so is it now classed as a muggy? it still has a centre diff. 

It made me think for a brief second, currently looking for an X-Maxx. I like the electrics considerably better in the Kraton 8s, but here's the problem for me. Disclaimer: i think this is, going by specs, a pretty great truck. Definitely better than the X-Maxx VXL/Plastic Servo combo. 

But: they managed somehow to make a 5th scale look boring. Not just the truck itself, but the way it drives too. All "major" 5th scale trucks have some vivid suspension action, they have a "big" presence. If you the video wasn't aptly named, and you take out the first seconds of the video (with the dude), you wouldn't actually be able to tell that it's a 5th scale. It, to me, just doesn't have any presence or "drama" when driving (for the lack of better term). Like the X-Maxx' suspension working when driving. And i don't understand why, it's not like you gonna race this Kraton anywhere (unlike 5t etc). 

It's good, and honestly, i think purely by electrics and probably toughness (though that remains to be seen) it beats the X-Maxx. 

I'll buy the X-Maxx. It just looks considerably more dramatic when in motion. 

edit: £949 is also £100 more than i was hoping for.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-1-5-kraton-4x4-8s-blx-brushless-speed-monster-truck-rtr-orange/rc-car-products/444543

edit2: different video.

Edited by m4inbrain