• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHOs OG SCX10 gets rebuilt, '46 power wagon!

1 hour ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Great pics oho, tempted with a bit night crawling myself🤔

I'd like to go for a proper night crawl sometime, but nowhere really local to do it to be honest, this little spot is okay, but quite severe and sharp rocks under foot, one slip by either of us could end up pretty nasty really.

I'd love somewhere local to just trail, but it's mostly crawling stuff.

8 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I'd like to go for a proper night crawl sometime, but nowhere really local to do it to be honest, this little spot is okay, but quite severe and sharp rocks under foot, one slip by either of us could end up pretty nasty really.

I'd love somewhere local to just trail, but it's mostly crawling stuff.

Swap you any day! Loads of trail (zzzz) here but not enough Crawl!... 

And we'd get arrested down here if we went for a "Night Crawl"!! 🤣

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think I am slowly turning into a redneck :lol:  :lol: 

Limb risers added, new Holmes Torquemaster Expert, new servo, just testing out a 35kg Amazon cheapie for a change, got a Savox 1230SG sat in box waiting just in case lol, new winch, but the most important thing is of course the flag :D

It's nice to have the old beast on the bench.

gWJxJl8.jpg 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

You know what that flag just sets it off mate 🍻

I tend to agree, I've decided although this thing was originally built to perform good as well as trail and with a little bit of scale, I want to keep it as an accessory/scale rig... Still lexan I know, but meh :P 

I've got the brand new spare Enduro chassis sat here if I want to build something for performance, similarly I have the Capra too.

I shall be adding more crap to this in the coming weeks lol.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I hit the mountains again today for another little solo trail.

This 'mandatory' daily exercise is excellent :D 

20210106-132821.jpg

20210106-134539.jpg

20210106-134920.jpg

Didn't touch this, it 'landed' like this :D

20210106-135615.jpg

Dad spotted this, a perfect piece of snow/ice fell out of my wheel and even shows the little scale hardware impressions.

20210106-140034.jpg

20210106-140616.jpg

20210106-141229.jpg

20210106-141350.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

@Oh How Original you mentioned in a previous post you miss trailing, what terrain would you class as trail driving? 

Like hiking with your RC, not stopping in a single spot, just taking it for a walk, the terrain doesn't really matter, but stuff that's quite rough is best to make it a bit more fun.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Like hiking with your RC, not stopping in a single spot, just taking it for a walk, the terrain doesn't really matter, but stuff that's quite rough is best to make it a bit more fun.

Right, same here, about 18 months back me and the Mrs did a superb trail drive hike, best part of 5k, used every battery i had between both rigs (more went in her outlaw) was the Millenium 2000 to Ogden waters trail near halifax

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Right, same here, about 18 months back me and the Mrs did a superb trail drive hike, best part of 5k, used every battery i had between both rigs (more went in her outlaw) was the Millenium 2000 to Ogden waters trail near halifax

Halifax isn't that far from me, but would have to wait until travel restrictions are gone.

This Power Wagon uses a small 1500 3s pack, because it's mounted in the bed, so I don't have to remove the body, but still get well over an hour or running with it, depending on what I'm doing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Halifax isn't that far from me, but would have to wait until travel restrictions are gone.

This Power Wagon uses a small 1500 3s pack, because it's mounted in the bed, so I don't have to remove the body, but still get well over an hour or running with it, depending on what I'm doing.

We have some stunning trails around here, another great one is Ilkley moor, this has an area called the cow an calf very mixed trails with paths, rock and water, then there is my favourite rombolds moor still part of Ilkley

3 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

We have some stunning trails around here, another great one is Ilkley moor, this has an area called the cow an calf very mixed trails with paths, rock and water, then there is my favourite rombolds moor still part of Ilkley

I am actually familiar with Cow and Calf, never been, but have heard some very good things about it.

• Like 1