• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any electricians here?

RadioFish

I have a dilema.... So in the man-cave, i have 2 ceiling rose type bulb fitings but these dont provide light where in some places i want light, so i got my grubby little mits on a fluorescent strip light, i have correctly wired this extra light in and it provides substantial light on the bench..... But the two bulbs dont seem to light up (as these are both required) even though they have power any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Well after some looking and thinking (brain hurts now) ive finally fixed my problem i now have all the loghts working i want....
Time for a brew and fag.......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So you changed the bulb? Is that what you're saying? [emoji848]
I think what had happened was i had run the new light of the original one now what i have done is split the circuit so i have 3 wires in and 6 out 3 to old light and 3 to new light. It all seems to work with no electrocution. When i did fix it it seemed to brighten my day

• 2 years later...

It is important to be very careful when working with electricity because it is quite dangerous. I am not an electrician; the only thing I can do is change a socket. Last year I decided to change the wiring in my country house. My friend advised me to go to propointelectrical.com.au, which was the right decision. These guys are real professionals; they quickly changed the wiring and gave me a warranty. The cost of the work was even lower than the market price.

Edited by The_Rainbow