• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s TLR 5ive-B 12s Brushless

.AJ.

Alternatively you could get the drill bit, tap and then the hardest bolts you can find and cut the last 5mm off. It's probably what that kit is. 

Edited by mond

Some movement of parts ordered...

New radio gear (T4PM) and body should be here today, Brake parts and carbon servo tray kit are due for delivery Friday, also I’ve ordered alloy chassis braces (front brace is on back order doh) and the matching front top plate ? 

Had a knock at the door and it was the Brake parts being delivered.... 

18-D9647-C-BB91-4-A2-F-A051-6-C3219-DF22

There is a small compatibility issue between the Modified RC diff mount and new style brake calliper screws, the MRC use plain m4 threaded mounts/bolts and the newer calliper screws are stepped m3 bolts, it will work with some m4 id/m6 od x 9mm bushes hopefully:)  

The shell also arrived, it needs a bit of chopping because it’s meant for a RR5, but looks like it will fit with some finessing ? 

• Like 1

Fits great! The lower rear section of the body looks soooo much better 

3517-B8-B7-0-F0-D-4-A1-F-B692-29-B0-AD1-

Lowering the rear body mount was really straight forward.... 

Before 

F8847870-4255-4075-8414-9-D284-EBFA8-A1.

After

9768956-A-2357-41-AC-8758-6-FD0-B18497-C

• Like 2

You graduated to Futaba then? :)

the grafil bodies are nice and thick, I had to cut mine with a Dremel but mine at least was quite rigid so backed it with dry wall tape and shoe goo. Got one split in the bonnet but that's after some pretty big crashes of a very large jump. 

Yea it’s pretty thick, I managed to cut it with normal lexan scissors, but I do have a grip like a gorilla lol, the best thing is the shape, the rear is so much lower because it doesn’t have to cover over the exhaust, the RR5 has it’s tucked in nice and low and on the chassis 

1 minute ago, Rover Man said:

Dont forget the screws in the top plate to steering posts lol ?

Yep, the alloy plate needs csk screws and the kit uses button heads, so I’ve had to order them lol ? 

There is also a screw missing from the brake servo horn ?

12 minutes ago, Kukynas said:

@.AJ. let me know if you’ve been able to set your ESC with reverse function, can’t get it to work, just forward and brake ?

Ill have a try later and report back, have you got the program box??

No idea, I would say it’s the same program card (brand) and should provide same functions but I would need to try it to be 100% sure, lets see once you’re able to set up your ESC and if you get all functions out of box without programming, first manual which came with ESC wasn’t clear and had wrong info init, they changed it accordingly 2wks ago in their online version but I wasn’t able to set it up either, you basically have to reverse trottle function before you start your first procedure which wasn’t mentioned in original manual so maybe I screwed it up coz I was trying to set up initial functions in wrong order ?