• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

History of MSUK forum??

PH001

Hi chaps, I was just wondering where the forum name MSUK comes from and what it stands for? When I first found this place I genuinely thought it was a Model Sport UK forum (as in the retail outlet in Otley) but obviously not. Well, at least I don't think so! 

So maybe some of the old timers on here can help explain some of the history behind it all?

Edited by PH001
  • Like 1

• PH001 changed the title to History of MSUK forum??
5 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

That's exactly what it stands for, Nick used to work in the Modelsport shop and he set it up from what I understand.

But yes it does stand for ModelSport UK.

Well there you go!!! I guess in no way affiliated to them now though?

Thanks for explaining Nick. Very interesting background. Amazing where some of these things start from and what they grow into.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Thanks for explaining Nick. Very interesting background. Amazing where some of these things start from and what they grow into.
It only takes a small acorn to grow into a giant tree......

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

It's crazy and cool how the biggest things start without really trying. Other forums came later tried harder to succeed but are 404errors today lol. I suppose alot rides on the members too how they interact with each other. This forum has been famous for its freedom of speech and friendliness. Good mods good members = winner. 

I dont mean nick didnt try. I mean he was 14 and couldn't have had top resources and yet here we still are. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1