• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Indestructable Dog Toys

Nick

We have a dog and no matter what toy I get her, she rips it open and gets stuffing everywhere. I've tried all sorts but even if it's solid rubber she still manages to cluster bomb it all over the house into little fragments. Can anyone recommend an indestructible dog toy?

This isn't a Rottweiler, German Shepherd or bulldog either... it's this scruff bag:

47294966_10215559439252408_1704551564913410048_n.jpg

Help?!

• Haha 1

Try a spikey rubber ball, ill try and find a pic. The spikes stop the dog actualy being able to grip the toy enough to start ripping it to bits in the first place. Our old dog had a smooth rubber ball that we got from a carboot. Totally indestructable. Turns out it was from Mothercare and actualy intended for kids!

My Rottweiler is the same way, she destroys everything, even ropes, she uses her very front teeth to pick the individual strands apart until it's in two, then takes in the garden and buries both bits in holes she could probably climb in :lol: 

Good luck finding one, I've spent a small fortune on daft "indestructible" toys and not managed to find one yet.

Nowadays I get her tennis balls, she'll run after them so it's exercise, they're 3 for £1 at the pound shop and she drops them by my feet a lot for me to throw them, so she's not constantly chowing down on them.

Might be at least worth a try.

Edited by Oh How Original

Kong toys you can pack with food ?. Ive got 2 jack russells the buggers will destroy toys just looking at them ?? found Kong toys and pack them with a mix of there dry food and chicken paste they chew them for hours eat the food and leave the toy behind ??.  Soft toys forget it your wasting your money ??

33 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

Cardboard box. My spaniels love them. Yes they get torn to shreds but they are free, safe and easy to clean up.

Funnily enough I used to put my Rottweilers treats in old plastic bottles and put the lids on, she used to chew them for a while, retreive the treat and seemed quite content and then just recycle the bottle as normal, another freebie idea.

On 10/02/2019 at 19:28, Alex97 said:

Nokia 3310

Or a Firestorm?

Our Staffie destroys all, nothing that's not hers, but all her toys. Best thing we had was the ball from a Swingball set, damn that ball was tough! She'd just sit there squeezing it, it would pop each time because of the hole where the string used to be. Never broke that one, just lost it. 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I'm going to go with tennis balls. :lol: She just had a box, cardboard everywhere but she did enjoy it, I actually think dog toys are only fun for them if they can be destroyed. :lol:

They're not dog proof, it's just the fact they are so cheap to replace and in packs of several at a time, I can spend a fiver on 15 and know she's got a months worth of toys for a fiver.

Try the treats in a bottle trick as well :good:

• 6 months later...

Some sailing rope with knots tied into it. But given to a friends dog for a month first. If you have a Male give it to a female vice versa. Gets it scented makes it much more appealing. 

• 6 months later...

We have a 5 year old cockapoo that just loves to chew anything he can. We found KONG rubber to be toughest but only on a selective few like the reward shell, bouncer,  wobbler. Spiky balls which you can get from home bargains have also stood the test of time. We have now starting to review toys on YouTube (fudgethecockapoo channel name) as we've wasted so much money on toys.