• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Primal rc 1/5 49cc truck teaser

Fly In My Soup

Primal RC 1/5 49cc Monster Truck

PRIMAL RC TEASES GIANT NEW 1/5 MONSTER TRUCK

Being teased now by Primal RC is a massive new 1/5th Scale Monster Truck. Their new monster truck promises to be one of the biggest and gnarliest of all time. Here are some highlights-

* High performance motorcycle style reed-valve 49cc gas engine
* Weight- 80 lbs
* Solid front and rear axles
* Built in reverse

More details like pricing are to follow, with a full announcement date landing on February 22nd. Until then, you can hit up this link to visit the official Primal RC Website.

Sauce; BigSquidRc

View full news article

Primeval? !!

Raptor or Rex?

What about tyres - pneumatic?

Model punctures time, but could 'play' with pressures depending on terrain, not just shock rates.

DAMN!!

Me likey ... where's that lottery ticket?

Al.

• Like 1

You know.... If this is solid axle stylee (aka a proper monster truck)...... 

What about cornering etc etc...... 

The fid racing voltz looked like it struggled under its own weight... Now with this being exponentially heavier than that... Somethings got to suffer ....

Handling...or maybe parts longevity?? 

I bet they used small petrol quad bike running gear internals.... How else would you be able to throw round such weight without melting the diffs?? 

3 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

You know.... If this is solid axle stylee (aka a proper monster truck)...... 

What about cornering etc etc...... 

The fid racing voltz looked like it struggled under its own weight... Now with this being exponentially heavier than that... Somethings got to suffer ....

Handling...or maybe parts longevity?? 

I bet they used small petrol quad bike running gear internals.... How else would you be able to throw round such weight without melting the diffs?? 

All depends on the roll bars and how things like the squat is set up as to the handling. 

The main problem with these sorts of trucks is axles bending between the end of the axle housing and the wheel. Roll bars need to be stiff enough to stop serious body roll on cornering and under acceleration but soft enough to allow landing on one wheel to not become an expensive accident. 

Look forward to seeing this in action, who cares about handling? It's a proper MT, it only needs to go fast and turn corners, not "take" corners. 

Too heavy for most leccy kit on the market, but even I might consider keeping it gas powered, shame I can't afford one. 

7 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Can you find it and post?

Would be interesting!!

MTXL tyres look 'just right' on the 'X' - as in perhaps slightly large but there or there abouts!!

Al.

In the thumbnail of this video

Edited by Jumper
  • Like 2

Agreed, but it will happen ... one day ...

Whatever happened to this?

Body is horrible, suspension is too 'loose', but better set up, with different body options, could have been a winner ...

Al.

1 hour ago, mond said:

I don't think it will grip roll as much as you think. A properly set up solid axle truck with open diffs isn't particularly prone to grip roll. There's no reason to lock the diffs in this either.

I saw that the voltz solid rear axle grip rolled quite easily...partially because of its mass...

Can't see this being much better.....although primal have used substantially larger wheels on this truck...which may be sufficient in stopping roll....guess we'll find out soon!!!!

48 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Agreed, but it will happen ... one day ...

Whatever happened to this?

I remember the terrawan ( is that spelt right? ) ...just reminded me of a converted quad