• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Coyote - KIT

dave1967

Hi i have got my eye on a Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Coyote - KIT  could any tell me if these kit are good to build and if they are any good to use has a crawler /scaler .I have only ever built Tamiya mainly for show queens .i have been bitten by the bug building a tamiya cc01 landfreeder . 

Any feed back on these model would be a great help 

thanks Dave 

Yep, I have a new kit and a new lynx, by far and away the best crawler in its price bracket, they can also give the higher end trucks a run for their money. :good:

only real down down point is bearings, get yourself a set and fit whilst building, otherwise have fun :good:

7 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Yep, I have a new kit and a new lynx, by far and away the best crawler in its price bracket, they can also give the higher end trucks a run for their money. :good:

only real down down point is bearings, get yourself a set and fit whilst building, otherwise have fun :good:

This, this, and this again. Cracking kit, goes together well, good instructions, just grab some bearings.

They are a great truck and great to build, a few quirks in the builders manual but easy enough to correct by yourself. As @Gaz! said, get yourself a set of rubber sealed bearings to fit in place of the bushings during your build, the axles have a fair amount of bolts so having to strip down again at a later date would be a pain. I think the main transmission in the kit comes with full bearings now?

theres a fair amount of detail parts for the shell which can be a little fiddly cutting out for, but Carisma have really put the effort into the body and putting the time into fitting all those bits really pays off. 

Enjoy the build and look forward to seeing your creation?

• 10 months later...

Hi folks,

just thought I’d resurrect this thread with a couple of questions.

So, I’ve never had a crawler and have very little knowledge of what would be best to get.......for what I’m likely to use it for.

I’m on a low budget and the SCA-1E keeps popping up as great value for money/capable etc etc. I’m happy to take time building and add the extras later when I can afford them.

Although I fancy something a bit slower and less frenetic, I’m unlikely to ever enter any comps or get to hung up on the scaler thing (although I can see the appeal of both so don’t rule them out).

I’m more likely to take it out for a “Walk” in the countryside and enjoy getting past whatever obstacles present themselves. (Is this what people refer to as trail running?). This is how I’ve ended up using my FTX vantage “mongrel” but it keeps getting stuck/rolling as the suspension, Esc/motor set up etc just isn’t up to it. 

I’d still like something that can show a moderate turn of speed, do some modest jumps etc etc but be fairly competent at low speeds too. So I basically want a jack of all trades but without spending daft money.

Does such a beast exist and would the Coyote fit the bill?

One thing I’m not sure about is the axles. Are the diffs locked? If so, surely the thing wants to roll when cornering at any kind of speed? 

Any and all comments welcomed...... hopefully before I put my order in with Mrs Christmas. 😂👍

Ps, by “modest turn of speed” I only mean 15mph ish. I find much faster than that is only fun in open spaces and in real world situations just leads to breakages........ (= I’m a rubbish driver 😂)

Edited by Fat Freddy

56 minutes ago, stretch said:

The coyote and other scalers won't do jumps, my go to vehicle for countryside walks and generally a jack of all trades is the traxxas summit but that is way over the carisma price bracket.

Thanks anyway. 👍