• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New 1:1 vehicle wanted please.

Gaz!

Hi,

might as well pop something up here, who knows.....

looking for,

Mitsubishi L200 (warrior, animal, trojan etc.) 

Land Rover discovery 2 in decent condition.

lwb high roof van (sprinter, crafter etc.)

if the Yeti sells I’ll have around the £4000 mark to spend, or I’ll pop the yeti into a deal if someone fancies it.

dont want something that’s been to the moon and back or battered to buggery.

pics and details please.

thank you.

What mond said but why do you want an l200 ? if it's for carting the family around then from experience from my uncles l200 warrior it's not that that comfortable but a good work truck just my opinion though 

I had an l200 animal, I loved it. However had major engine problems with the crankshaft bolt which you may read about. Twice I had it come loose, luckily I caught it both times but to me that is a serious reliabilty issue which could be catastrophic. However apart from that I did love it, was comfy for a truck and looked pretty dam cool.

I had an xlwb iveco daily 2.3 2006 which I converted from a mini bus. It pulled like a train, was really comfy and was amazing on fuel. had 36k on the clock, really good condition and cost me £4k.

Edited by audiobull

Don’t do faceache I’m afraid so scouring eBay, schpock etc.

reason for the l200 would be plenty of space in the back, high driving position, looks cool.

having a look at a l200 warrior, Mitsubishi Outlander and a x type jag diesel this afternoon so might just be the ticket.

the van is a no go for now though, it has to be a 4x4 type car now.

i have looked at a Hyundai Tucson diesel on a 58 plate with 89k on the clock that’s tidy and even a 3 series 3.0 diesel but the would cripple me having to get in and out of it.

seen a couple of discoveries too, but for my budget, I’m buying yet more work or it has rocket ship miles. So I’m afraid a landy is gonna be out of the question now too.

ill keep the thread posted with any updates.

26 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Weeellllll, sorted now.

Bought a Mitsubishi Outlander warrior 7 seat “suv” pulls like a train too! 2 litre turbo diesel.

picking it up tomorrow so pics will come. :good:

So now you don't own a Land Rover dose that mean you will start liking jeeps ??

• Haha 1

I am sorry mate, met some good people through owning a Land Rover but at this moment in my life, car reliability and the way they drain your wallet isn’t something I need going on.

still have my dads defender to play with though :whistling: been awesome, “cleaning” it out for him today, it’s a shopping trolley but got it singing and smoking today.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

So now you don't own a Land Rover dose that mean you will start liking jeeps ??

Only when he’ll freezes over mate :good: :rofl:

cost too much to swap all the landy shells over from my rc’s. Kinda wish I’d never bought that scx10.2 jeep....

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Only when he’ll freezes over mate :good: :rofl:

cost too much to swap all the landy shells over from my rc’s. Kinda wish I’d never bought that scx10.2 jeep....

You know what they say about people really not liking and hating things secretary they love them :whistling::36_11_6[1]:

We saw one of these today,

https://goo.gl/images/Cphs7c

my old man asked, “what about these” to which I replied, “rather that Hyundai Tucson at the side of it” 

no disrespect or or offence to any jeep owners but I seriously can’t see the appeal, bit like a Porsche, you know that you could have bought better.....

my sister (don’t get on with her) has a thing for white porkers, she had a 911, 928, 944 and now a boxster, you would think she would have learned her lesson by now but can’t account for taste really.

i will have another landy one day but it will have to be half decent and not like my disco was (she goes at end of month, young lad next door to me mam and dad is having it) I WILL DEFINATELY shed a tear when she does change ownership.

wish I was as rich as @Rover Man then I would be picking another green oval up tomorrow :ph34r: :rofl:

9 hours ago, Gaz! said:

We saw one of these today,

https://goo.gl/images/Cphs7c

my old man asked, “what about these” to which I replied, “rather that Hyundai Tucson at the side of it” 

no disrespect or or offence to any jeep owners but I seriously can’t see the appeal, bit like a Porsche, you know that you could have bought better.....

my sister (don’t get on with her) has a thing for white porkers, she had a 911, 928, 944 and now a boxster, you would think she would have learned her lesson by now but can’t account for taste really.

i will have another landy one day but it will have to be half decent and not like my disco was (she goes at end of month, young lad next door to me mam and dad is having it) I WILL DEFINATELY shed a tear when she does change ownership.

wish I was as rich as @Rover Man then I would be picking another green oval up tomorrow :ph34r: :rofl:

Ah yes the renegade quite a few round my way not my cup of tea was in the list of cars my mum wanted but quickly steered her away ? 

I don't get the people driving high end and cars like Porsche and the the others in this country all your saying is your a target and you can't drive any faster then someone in a 1.0l yaris for example pointless in my opinion 

is your old landy gonna be a play toy for them ? so the next time you see it it might be trashed ?

Maybe so, have had one apparently a few years back and wished he still had it, he also seen just how much work it’s actually had.

its a bargain for someone who can afford to have it as a toy, unfortunately my position meant it was a toy and my daily driver.

if things change down the line, might get another cheapy disco and let my lad work on it and train him up as a mechanic.....

bet if I sold a few cars, could end up getting one sooner.

less than 2 hours to go now.

gonna lock this thread up now but I’ll start one in the correct section once I get my mits on it and snap some pics. Lol.

• Gaz! locked this topic