• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 Thread

Took mine out for a run today, it was cut short by a busybody council worker who gave it the old “you can’t run that here” rubbish, I didn’t even get a chance to get a vid, but I was more than happy with my gearing 17/46 on 4s, i was probably getting around 50mph ish.... Fingers crossed I’ll get out again this week and I’ll make sure there’s no mini Hitlers about lol

ive been neglecting my revo since i pulled the threads out rear bulkhead, rear body tower mount and bent both rear shock shafts.

but i finally got round to ordering the new plastic bits and got a steal on ebay for 4 as new shocks which are the upgraded bodies and ti nitrate shafts.

put thicker diff fluid in front and rear, thicker shock oil and stiffer springs.

got it all back together with longer bolts going through the shocks to bulkhead as the old bolts didn't reach to the end of threads in bulkhead.

diffs and suspension travel feels much smoother and more resistant to landing.

EE5F273A-0D2F-40A4-8F9F-5736857C6156_zps

BCCC2097-35EC-4438-8F42-50927AC6188C_zps

18F547B8-752E-4F01-8732-C3432803AB65_zps

• Thanks 1

How you all getting on with yours? Im still waiting on the new springs, but Ive not even used mine :( haven't had the time. I literally  just checked the Lipos were still in condition haha. Its such a stunning looking RC! Ive still got all the upgrades in the same place on the table as when I laid them out for the photo!

Finished the dual servo set up, was really simple to set up

B23_CB74_F-_EBBA-43_B1-83_BC-10_A96_F64_E140.jpg

9_D0_CA8_C9-2218-4118-860_D-_D18_CF55_E69_F3.jpg

You went with the duel set up, any reason you avoided the single setup ??

Are they a straightforward swap or any fettling needed. Did you use a Bec ???

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s your call, Ive got a couple really good servos that I could fit, this is probaly the most suitable...

http://www.rcmart.com/holmes-hobbies-230100006-hv500v2-brushless-high-voltage-36kg-servo-p-75380.html?cPath=1099_103

Or this one , or possibly a pair 

https://www.rprcdistribution.com/product-page/srt-cl6023-lv-coreless-waterproof-servo

I bet that servo would fit the UDR.

Yea it would [emoji106]   50-FE6-F07-AD30-447-F-AF00-C943-C413-A5-A5.jpg 

When my Savox gives up that’s next on the list then. After a bit of reading this will fit as well SRT CL6023 but at 6v I wouldn’t need a bec.

Choices choices.

[emoji41]

The waterproof savox draw to much current, they had issues with some ESC’s.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

What's that rectangular black thing above your bearings ??

They used to have things called "typewriters", but don't quote me, I'm getting old and so slipping behind with current tech. 

• Haha 1

One month into ownership I decided to fit some parts. Still waiting on the Silver front shock springs.

I didnt take a pic of the wheelie bar, but its on there trust me!

kusHFhL.jpg

7i7XaLC.jpg

Blue Springs, 70wt oil, Yeah Racing Alloy M3 Rod ends thread locked on. Traxxas alloy rear chassis brace. The 2.0 seems to have a plastic one anyway so didnt really need this?

7i7XaLC.jpg

Twin Power HD 23kg Servos with Alloy Horns. Still need 2x M3 nuts to capture the screw ends. Got them centralised. I never normally bother with twin servo set ups, Im sure one is enough but they were on offer on RC Mart so picked up a pair

ZI7IS7P.jpg

nt6wgtm.jpg

I did buy enough Alloy Rod ends to do the Suspension Linkages, but If Im honest Im too hungover to changed them today!

• Thanks 1

Was out with my Revo the other day but something happened. It drives along fine but when you floor it from the off, there is a nasty grinding sound. Hoping to pull it apart later on if I get time. Anyone have any idea what could be up?

Fearing a diff...

Edited by Euphoria