• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Proline Pro MT 4x4 Thread

.AJ.

9 minutes ago, steephill said:

Good job Bix, looks clean and well sorted work space ? 

Thanks mate, I treat rebuilding RCs like trying to build Lego from mixed bricks. If you don’t get organised before hand it takes twice as long ?

• 1 month later...

How are people getting on with these? They seem a decent price on RC Mart, but the UK spares and stock situation doesnt inspire confidence? Looking at one with a 20-25kg servo and a Castle Monster Mamba X Sensored 2650kv combo on 3S? 

Edited by Guns

Ive run mine a couple of times now, got a 2200kv motor on 4s and it handles and drives like a top heavy understeery buggy. I thought it might be a bit better than my stampede 4x4 but that thing handed like **** in camparison and on 4s it was undrivable. The proline is heavier and much more planted, ive made a wheelie bar to catch it when I dont manage to get off the power quick enough, other than that its good fun! On tarmac you can actually drive it, rather than the stampede was just trying not to flip it over or crash all the time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Candyman said:

Ive run mine a couple of times now, got a 2200kv motor on 4s and it handles and drives like a top heavy understeery buggy. I thought it might be a bit better than my stampede 4x4 but that thing handed like **** in camparison and on 4s it was undrivable. The proline is heavier and much more planted, ive made a wheelie bar to catch it when I dont manage to get off the power quick enough, other than that its good fun! On tarmac you can actually drive it, rather than the stampede was just trying not to flip it over or crash all the time.

Id only be on 3s. My main concern is stock levels? Even CML the distributor are out of stock? If Im going to have the hassle of importing parts/the actual truck, wouldnt an Arrma represent better value?

Ran my PMT for the first time in about 6 weeks the other day - forgot what a fun lil truck this thing is!

Lost another roll bar link - good job they include a few spares!

46 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Ran my PMT for the first time in about 6 weeks the other day - forgot what a fun lil truck this thing is!

Lost another roll bar link - good job they include a few spares!

It really is a great truck, not without a few issues. Mine is currently awaiting the B2 hinge pin holder, then I'll be out bashing with it again :D

I've replaced A1 and B1 twice, C1 once and B2 once...

Not had any other issues, I swapped out the servo saver to the metal one and cranked it down, killed a savox 1256 servo, and I installed the metal spur.

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 2

Nice vid pal - love how controllable this thing is in the air! 

Are you still ordering your parts from the states? That's my only real gripe so far - the waiting!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James1986 said:

Nice vid pal - love how controllable this thing is in the air! 

Are you still ordering your parts from the states? That's my only real gripe so far - the waiting!

I was ordering from amain one part at a time to avoid customs, shipping is cheaper than import.

But the last 3 hinge pin holders have been from modelsport/CML. Takes almost as long to arrive ;) so I'll probably end up ordering from amain in the future.

On 07/09/2018 at 22:00, James1986 said:

Nice, tidy install - goes well on 4s too! I found 3s to be my sweet spot, needs a wheels bar though! ?

Agreed, 3s is the sweet spot for my Pro MT 4x4.

Finally got hinge pin holder B2, now to put the front end back together and punish it some more :D

3 hours ago, DaveGT84 said:

Seriously considering one of these as I’m sick of breaking my stampede 4x4 EVERY time o take it out. These things appear to take a bashing a lot better than the traxxas. What are the drive shafts like as I’m forever breaking them in my stampede on 2s! 

They are solid, just the hingepin holders are a little weak

19 minutes ago, DaveGT84 said:

I’d seen that in the vids I’ve been watching. Still, nothing is indestructible but it looks like these take a hell of a lot more abuse than the stampede

Yeah they can take one hell of a beating :D 

Having owned both the Proline takes way more abuse in my experience. The Stampede was heavily upgraded and still wasn’t as durable as the Pro MT. As Oscar said it’s not perfect but apart from the hinge pin holders you should be good as gold ??

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Candyman said:

Just finished paining my new shell :)

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

Thats one hell of a paint job dude ??

Not jealous at all ?