• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas E Revo 2.0

.AJ.

This 

86086-4-3.jpg

Or This , No competition if you ask me, Taking out all the shenanigans, The Nero does show just how overpriced the Revo is, In any form,  Just follow the link to Tower Hobbies and see, It's superior in almost every way, From the diffs to the electrics to the shocks, And all at a cheaper price. 

arad71_chassis_1010.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babylon said:

This 

86086-4-3.jpg

Or This , No competition if you ask me, Taking out all the shenanigans, The Nero does show just how overpriced the Revo is, In any form,  Just follow the link to Tower Hobbies and see, It's superior in almost every way, From the diffs to the electrics to the shocks, And all at a cheaper price. 

arad71_chassis_1010.jpg

The Arrma could be £50 and made of gold. If the parts supply is pants Im

not gonna buy it am I?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babylon said:

arad71_chassis_1010.jpg

Sorry fella but this was and is a pile of turd too many problems to list even Arrma had to revise it after a few months it was so bad but claimed it was a newer model lol. I’m no Arrma lover or hater I’ve owned a few but if you break the law and a court rules you did there really isn’t an argument to be had. What’s the point in paying good money to protect something to do nothing about it when it’s copied. 

As as I see it the new Revo is a massive step forward on the Nero and will certain out perform I’m in no doubt about that. 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Sorry fella but this was and is a pile of turd too many problems to list even Arrma had to revise it after a few months it was so bad but claimed it was a newer model lol. I’m no Arrma lover or hater I’ve owned a few but if you break the law and a court rules you did there really isn’t an argument to be had. What’s the point in paying good money to protect something to do nothing about it when it’s copied. 

As as I see it the new Revo is a massive step forward on the Nero and will certain out perform I’m in no doubt about that. 

6 hours ago, Tug said:

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said, but look at those specs! This is a must have! For me anyway! 

I've just heard they've blocked proline from making parts for Traxxas vehicles, so who's next? RPM? Integy? Utter madness! 

This doesnt surprise me one bit ,traxxarse wont be happy until they've put all other rc company's out of business ,they only want you to buy their overpriced toy grade tat & nothing else from any other company! i heard unless you use their batteries (again overpriced) they wont cover any warranty claim on the electrics!

I don't post much on here but i just cant sit back listening to all the traxxarse fanboys slate arrma,, traxxas saw arrma as a real threat.... i think the court case had more to do with that than anything else! lets be honest it wasn't because they invented anything cause they didnt!!    Yes parts supply has been a problem last year for arrma from what i gather but saying that i have'nt needed any. 

Mydoddy i dont know why u think the nero is no good? have u had one?  i've got the fazon let me tell you its an absolute tyre shredding beast of a truck ,locking diffs  ,brilliant shocks, aluminium tvp chassis ,max 8 esc & hobbywing motor yet its still cheaper than a revo...& i might add the ONLY rtr that i've had 

that i've took out the box ran it & had no problems whatsoever, it has been a true RTR..still to this day i've not broken one part on it. Not even my (the mighty)mt410 has managed that in my hands!  The revo doesnt come close & never did. 

Before anyone says anything about me owning a traxxas ,yes ive got a rustler vxl here biggest piece o'crap i ever brought, it currently resides in the back of the cupboard never likely to see the light of day again!!

5 minutes ago, superduke said:

This doesnt surprise me one bit ,traxxarse wont be happy until they've put all other rc company's out of business ,they only want you to buy their overpriced toy grade tat & nothing else from any other company! i heard unless you use their batteries (again overpriced) they wont cover any warranty claim on the electrics!

I don't post much on here but i just cant sit back listening to all the traxxarse fanboys slate arrma,, traxxas saw arrma as a real threat.... i think the court case had more to do with that than anything else! lets be honest it wasn't because they invented anything cause they didnt!!    Yes parts supply has been a problem last year for arrma from what i gather but saying that i have'nt needed any. 

Mydoddy i dont know why u think the nero is no good? have u had one?  i've got the fazon let me tell you its an absolute tyre shredding beast of a truck ,locking diffs  ,brilliant shocks, aluminium tvp chassis ,max 8 esc & hobbywing motor yet its still cheaper than a revo...& i might add the ONLY rtr that i've had 

that i've took out the box ran it & had no problems whatsoever, it has been a true RTR..still to this day i've not broken one part on it. Not even my (the mighty)mt410 has managed that in my hands!  The revo doesnt come close & never did. 

Before anyone says anything about me owning a traxxas ,yes ive got a rustler vxl here biggest piece o'crap i ever brought, it currently resides in the back of the cupboard never likely to see the light of day again!!

Have a look around the inter web plenty of problems reported from crap driveshafts to broken chassis motor cans falling apart battery trays failing to stay closed if the URC forum was still going I’d share the posts and info sadly it’s no longer on line even Vas smashed his to bits lol maybe the older Revo was a bust maybe this new one will be better until it hits the real world how knows 

If your happy with your Fazon (not Nero) that’s great personally I’ll stick with my mt410 and this new Revo with its far superior parts support thanks. 

I like the look of this now that's it's been beefed up ,I hope they do the same with the stampede 4x4 .

Looking on the Traxxas website at the erevo it looks like the centre driveshaft is plastic which seems wired to me seeing as the the rest of the driveline ,If it's xmaxx strength should be bullet proof.

If Traxxarse turn their guns on RPM, it'll open the floodgates for every rc manufacturer to stop RPM "cloning" parts for their cars too! Then we'll just have to hope that a Chinese company steps in and starts making nylon parts! 

Seriously, can you imagine an RC world without the likes of RPM? It doesn't sit well with me, fo sho! 

25 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Have a look around the inter web plenty of problems reported from crap driveshafts to broken chassis motor cans falling apart battery trays failing to stay closed if the URC forum was still going I’d share the posts and info sadly it’s no longer on line even Vas smashed his to bits lol maybe the older Revo was a bust maybe this new one will be better until it hits the real world how knows 

If your happy with your Fazon (not Nero) that’s great personally I’ll stick with my mt410 and this new Revo with its far superior parts support thanks. 

The fazon is the same as the nero apart from body & tyres.

I did/have looked around the interwebs before i brought it(the fazon), as i always do before i buy anything rc now.. as most would probably agree this hobby is such a minefield..gotta be so careful what ur buying. I did hear about driveshaft pins breaking but ive never broke one. Ive never had a problem with the battery doors. Never heard of problems with the chassis or motor falling. I do watch vas & ive never seen a video where i saw him smash his to bits, have u got a link to that video? 

I think there was a video where Vas did some pretty impressive damage to his Nero. He was giving it a hard bash though, so it didn't seem too bad to me.

I like Arrma, and if they survive and sort out UK parts support, I will buy their cars.

I also like traxxas and I'm pretty tempted by the new E-Revo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

A few months to sort out a rod end problem. Took Traxxarse 10+ years to sort out the dodgy diffs and crap drive train on the revo. Its still unproven as it's not even out. Btw that traxxas patent wouldn't hold up in court anywhere but Texas. Theres a reason they have offices there.

Mydoddy, you're becoming that rabid traxxas fanboi. You don't even own one yet :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, superduke said:

The fazon is the same as the nero apart from body & tyres.

I did/have looked around the interwebs before i brought it(the fazon), as i always do before i buy anything rc now.. as most would probably agree this hobby is such a minefield..gotta be so careful what ur buying. I did hear about driveshaft pins breaking but ive never broke one. Ive never had a problem with the battery doors. Never heard of problems with the chassis or motor falling. I do watch vas & ive never seen a video where i saw him smash his to bits, have u got a link to that video? 

Here you go fella if you actually watch all his vids on the Nero it breaks a lot thankfully they did improve it sadly they didn’t improve it enough imo not for what there price tag here was on it close to £600 if I remember right wasn’t it ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mond said:

A few months to sort out a rod end problem. Took Traxxarse 10+ years to sort out the dodgy diffs and crap drive train on the revo. Its still unproven as it's not even out. Btw that traxxas patent wouldn't hold up in court anywhere but Texas. Theres a reason they have offices there.

Mydoddy, you're becoming that rabid traxxas fanboi. You don't even own one yet :P

Lol I know just can’t help giving this the credit it deserves though, I’m no fan boy I have owned a few Traxxas vehicles some good some bad I must admit that. 

A court ruling whereever it was is good enough to satisfy me 

All good things come to those that wait and wait and wait patiently   :P :good:

I'd love to know how much mydoddy spent on that v1 xmaxx trying to make it work. 

BTW when talking price tags, the old revo was and is still more expensive than the Nero. However, I don't know why we're talking about the Nero. There's only one real similarity between the two, that's the lay down, cantilever shocks. Other than that, there's not to much that's similar other than stance. Either way, they are both just glorified truggies and neither will ever win best in that platform for different reasons. 

Edited by mond

2 hours ago, mond said:

I'd love to know how much mydoddy spent on that v1 xmaxx trying to make it work. 

BTW when talking price tags, the old revo was and is still more expensive than the Nero. However, I don't know why we're talking about the Nero. There's only one real similarity between the two, that's the lay down, cantilever shocks. Other than that, there's not to much that's similar other than stance. Either way, they are both just glorified truggies and neither will ever win best in that platform for different reasons. 

I didn’t try and make it work it does work and works extremely well. With a few good deals here and there not as much as a new V2 . Would I do it again yes if I could do the same deals but I doubt that’s going to happen, nowadays you’d be better off getting the V2. 

End of the day its only money and a toy car its not like i had to sell my soul remortgage my house or starve the family to do it lol 

The  old Revo is now £569 I’m sure the Nero was more than that 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-e-revo-brushless-mxl-6s-tsm-red-/rc-car-products/403877

best price I found for the Nero was £584 or £749 on the Nero big rock and £650 on the Fazon mind you these are all eBay prices as they are no longer in production 

Agreed I’d say there more just stunt truggies and not something you’d want to go racing with 

11 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I don’t need to wait for reviews To know I want one and 2 months is long enough to wait for a new rc lol :D

Haha I guess we're all guilty!

"An 8ight T? What? Losi? Truggy? A Losi Truggy? I want that!!" :insane:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Here you go fella if you actually watch all his vids on the Nero it breaks a lot thankfully they did improve it sadly they didn’t improve it enough imo not for what there price tag here was on it close to £600 if I remember right wasn’t it ? 

Makes no odds now, But the only thing that review does is sell it to me, Skid plate worn, Shock rod end, Popped shock cap, All stuff that wouldn't even register on my worry meter.

Even the slightly warped chassis is no biggy in my eyes, Look at the Hyper MT, And people still like that.

The motor would need a bit of investigating, The video shows the can with screw slots, But pictures of the motor show it like any other with the screws through holes, Looking at the video you can just see a slight neck were the slot was once a hole, So that is a real baffler, But a warranty claim on that would be the easiest claim you could ever make.

And when Mond listed the stuff that is wrong with the nearly £500 XL Kit , And from what I read, The shoddy 600 quid RTR, I'm not gonna worry about a shock cap.

All pointless anyway, I just hope they can sort this, The real worry for Traxxas was that Arrma was killing them, In next to no time there bashing reputation  was through the roof,  Lets be honest, We don't know if the lay down shocks are really needed, But they can look cool, And as a basher, that and having something different is the sort of thing I like, I don't know who designed the Nero, But like most of there stuff, it is a good design, If they can come back with the same price structure and some more original designs, They could cause Traxxas a real headache, Or maybe they already had, Which is why we'er were we are.

• 2 weeks later...