• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

same difs as hyper 7 and hyper vse mate 

they are greased rather than have oil in them stock 

also i have ran savage wheels and tyres on my ST

will try getting a picture later mate

cool thanks mate, I've got 50k, 30k, 500k, 3k, 5k and 7k diff oils and some 1k shock oil sat here with nothing to use them on now i bought the higher K ones for the Kronos. 🤦‍♂️

I think it's either going to be an ST or MT now, the Kraton just looks like a ballache to get it to Hyper toughness, fanboys say they are touch out the box but youtube vids say otherwise.

It looks like they may have changed a few bits on the "new" MT roller aswell, The shocks and arms look a bit beefier than the old ones. Not in stock until November though 😞 

Edited by Scottyb

On 05/10/2021 at 17:12, Scottyb said:

VSe are absolute tanks for the money.

Yup, I have the 150a version and run many, many lipos through it now, one of the rear drive shafts got bent, I think so far thats the only thing I have had to replace. I dont jump it as such, but run it on a really uneven and stony farm track pretty quick, also full on hit a curb goign pretty fast and no damage.

Thing is bullet proof I am so impressed with the quality.

It just doesnt quite have the ground clearance I would like, think it looks a little plain jane also, but I'll take it for how good it is, certainly no regrets buying it.

If anyone's interested, Looks like a decent ST Pro on ebay at the minute that's not listed as a Pro, was going to bid on it but no need now. He's got 2 of them, the other one looks like it's been used as a toilet though 💩

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353707897755?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edited by Scottyb

On 07/10/2021 at 20:29, Scottyb said:

Hopefully it takes off and they do an up to date refresh on the ST too 😄 I bet the VS is gonna be an absolute beast though

I’ve gone another direction and bought a high spec  race buggy although I still think the VS2 roller will be great for the money. 

• Like 1

Read the next line in your geekiest voice…

”erm it’s pivot balls, not pillow balls” 😘

Never broken a knuckle on my h7 or the rpm knuckles on my merv though, both are pbs 👍🏻👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2021 at 21:47, ThePoacher said:

Has anyone had a VS/e pro? I know they are not new but modelsport say they are getting stock and i have never seen them in the UK..

i was going to get one from USA and an 8sc but they are getting released in the UK now too, 

The VS pro has lots of bling upgrades.  They may be of use to you depending what your doing with it.  For me carbon on the a-arms, skid plates & other bling are a complete waste of money.  Some of the upgrades like cnc hinge pins Ive found to be essential though.   I'd get the non-pro version & upgrade when & even if needed.

Is the 8sc really coming to the UK?  Never has before, and the sites keep claiming its "coming soon", but I suspect it's a site ordering error than a sign it's ever arriving, hope I'm wrong though, I'd love one!

@RcBEN9

i have a VSe and upgraded the hinge pins only when the plastic ones gave up. Also chassis braces too because im rough with my rigs thats why i have Hobao lol.

I really do hope they get the 8SC in, when i saw that the arrival date had changed i sent them a message and they said they are having delays with shipping etc and now it just says ‘coming soon’ .

Last year I priced up getting one from the states and with all taxes and shipping etc the price came to £380.

We can only hope

• 2 weeks later...

The stock chassis in the VSe isn't that tough...6061 grade stuff...I soon bent this whilst not being too hard on it. Also as mentioned before the stock plastic suspension hangers can rip clean out. What you want are the 7075 chassis, front shock tower and aluminium suspension hangers (from the pro) then the car is a properly capable basher. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCpete said:

The stock chassis in the VSe isn't that tough...6061 grade stuff...I soon bent this whilst not being too hard on it. Also as mentioned before the stock plastic suspension hangers can rip clean out. What you want are the 7075 chassis, front shock tower and aluminium suspension hangers (from the pro) then the car is a properly capable basher. 

I've always fancied the 7075 chassis but can't justify it as I've never managed to bend the stock.  Depends on what your doing with it.  Bent the shock towers sure, bad enough landing will do that, but managed to bend them back so...left them stock☺️  

Edited by RcBEN9

3 hours ago, RcBEN9 said:

I've always fancied the 7075 chassis but can't justify it as I've never managed to bend the stock.  Depends on what your doing with it.  Bent the shock towers sure, bad enough landing will do that, but managed to bend them back so...left them stock☺️  

I don't jump that high or go crazy but the chassis still bended, really badly too lol. My HPI trophy buggy was the same, bent easily also and there was no 7075 upgrade for it either. Can't remember exactly but I think the 7075 chassis for the vse is about £75. Worth it!!

I'm surprised you're managing to bend it, I used to beat the absolute 💩 out of mine at a gravel bmx track jumping 20+ feet in the air with some horrible landings sometimes, never bent the chassis or any driveshafts and only ever broke a front arm and hinge pin!!

• Like 1

All 6061 grade chassis on 1/8th buggys, truggys will bend. My Arrma Talion was the same. When it comes to 1/8th 7075 is the way to go..far more durable. Its what you'll find in all the racing kits so why not for your basher lol.

Yeah I have use my Hyper VSe loads and loads, jumps and rough farm track, planted it straight into a curb once also (I did wince a bit when I did that lol).

Only had to change one of the rear drive shafts which got bent, everything else chassis etc all fine.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Anyone seen this yet?  Looks interesting, bit on the pricey side though - almost 100 quid more than the VS, which itself was only 179 not that long ago...

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-hyper-vs2-1-8-electric-roller-buggy-1339840

Thats a lot for a roller? Even with the CNC parts. Still has plastic chassis braces too?

Edited by Kpowell911

Seems crazy money, I agree.  But that's the way of the world these days, it seems.  Prob disappear again in a year or so, leaving you high and dry on parts support.  Much as I detest the way Traxxas operate (ethically), you can at least pretty much guarantee future parts availability if you're the kind of person who, like me, tends to hardly ever sell a car.