• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

Help me out folks, I'm looking for 4s or 2× 2s lipos for my quicrun wp8bl150, I'm struggling to find them that fit the vs tray. Ideally as cheap as possible with good run times,  I was thinking 5000mah +

On 25/06/2020 at 00:41, RickC said:

Views;?? Looks like really really well made parts, I've spent a lot of money on my hyper but £54 delivered, I'd probably buy a set if it didn't have the text 

20200625_003646.jpg

Don't care about the text. It's made to spring a little on impact instead of bending.

These are made on a 100 thousand pound machine.

There are no tougher braces in existence. I'm just wondering if they are needed with my 7075 chassis. 

Don't care about the text. It's made to spring a little on impact instead of bending.
 These are made on a 100 thousand pound machine.
There are no tougher braces in existence. I'm just wondering if they are needed with my 7075 chassis. 

Received my braces. Little works of art, however, just be aware that due to the machining, you will need shorter screws to attach them to the chassis, as (I’m guessing) due to the lower profile design, the original screws will bottom out in the brace before they’re tight5aff46425f8c023505b47aa0dbc92fdf.jpg

Sent from my Snosberry
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HoneyBadger44 said:

Received my braces. Little works of art, however, just be aware that due to the machining, you will need shorter screws to attach them to the chassis, as (I’m guessing) due to the lower profile design, the original screws will bottom out in the brace before they’re tight5aff46425f8c023505b47aa0dbc92fdf.jpg

Sent from my Snosberry

Good point !

Yes this is true.

All braces will come with the shorter screws now. 

Gonna order me some very soon, they look really nice.

just bought the blue vse 100 amp one and 2 of these https://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-greenhorn-lipo-7-4v-45c-5000-hardcase-t-plug-/rc-car-products/440264

that should be enough to get started i hope :)

all my other models are running on 2s as well so they batteries will come in handy depending on what im in the mood to run, got 2 chargers as well but ill grab a dual charge one at some point.

looking forward to been able to let rip and thrash it about instead of been careful with shots of my dads red one also shhh dont tell him i prefer the red  :D

edit: are some hyper 7 parts compatible with the vse?

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RickC said:

I have a 7 and vs e and I'd say the only thing would be the centre diff brace , but even that could be different . 

So difficult to find parts for the vse at the minute 

my new truck came in a box for 4 hyper vse's, they have sold loads recently, i guess all the poeple buying them have been breaking them as well, but the spares line are going straight into full built new cars :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HoneyBadger44 said:

The rear 7 UJ driveshafts are compatible too (but can’t replace the fronts VS CVD’s)emoji1474.png

Sent from my Snosberry

cool to know 🍻

• Like 1

All I need now to be up and running a is a lipo for my VSE, I'm still mulling over what to go with, 2x 2s os a 4s (150a esc) I've seen a 4s 5000mah Voltz on modelsport for £56 with Dean's connectors so presume I can de-solder  to fit xt60? Is there a better option for me, I find the battery side of things a bit messy.

On 05/07/2020 at 17:49, DomP said:

All I need now to be up and running a is a lipo for my VSE, I'm still mulling over what to go with, 2x 2s os a 4s (150a esc) I've seen a 4s 5000mah Voltz on modelsport for £56 with Dean's connectors so presume I can de-solder  to fit xt60? Is there a better option for me, I find the battery side of things a bit messy.

Personally don't like deans , they always melted on airsoft guns, what do modelsport suggest with the kits they sell? 

I bought the batteries with xt90s on and changed my hobbywing esc to them instead.

Currently running 2 x3s batteries as I thought if one cell breaks you only have to replace the one battery  

• Like 1

I personally prefer using one 4s pack rather than two 2s packs. If one pack went bad I would want to replace both of them anyway as I like to keep cells matched. I have not had any issues with deans, although there seems to be a few people who hate them.  I did have to cut and modify the battery tray to get mine in though. 

20200215_140307.jpg

Edited by adam1979

16 hours ago, adam1979 said:

I personally prefer using one 4s pack rather than two 2s packs. If one pack went bad I would want to replace both of them anyway as I like to keep cells matched. I have not had any issues with deans, although there seems to be a few people who hate them.  I did have to cut and modify the battery tray to get mine in though. 

20200215_140307.jpg

I've gone for ec5 connectors, those tyres look good are they Badlands? You must be the same age as me as well!

got it yesterday and 2 sets of batteries through it now,  yay it is mental and running awesome,  all my 10 scale ones seem so fragile now :D

the blue is more metallic than i thought as well :)

uU6poKv.jpg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

got it yesterday and 2 sets of batteries through it now,  yay it is mental and running awesome,  all my 10 scale ones seem so fragile now :D

the blue is more metallic than i thought as well :)

uU6poKv.jpg

I can still only dream...Modelsport still not sent my vse roller out

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, DomP said:

I've gone for ec5 connectors, those tyres look good are they Badlands? You must be the same age as me as well!

They are badland copies. I've gone back to the standard wheels and tyres as these keep coming off the rims. I've not really put much effort into trying to keep them on and I'm sure a good tyres adhesive would work.  Also the offset of the wheel is different to the standard wheels and they rub slightly on full steering on the front. 

• Like 1

there is one thing i dislike about the hyper vse, my old speccy dsm2 300 rx's wont fit in the rx box bit :P   

using stock tx at moment.

also put a bit of old fine fish netting over the top of the esc fan, one run clogged the fan and esc up with bits of fine cut grass took the fan off and cleaned it out then cut out some netting for it, it was amazing how much half dead grass was in the fins on the heat sink, after it's second run earlier all the grass was just on top of the netting instead of been inside it lol

• Like 2