• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

Yeh you would mate but me and the lad are really impressed with the abuse our VSe's are taking and only broke a couple of parts on ours ( same part front arm pin holder weve gone CNC on them now)

I think they are almost or as tough as the H7's :cheers:

ps we have the 100A 4s versions on 17 tooth pinions standard is 14 tooth 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Managed to get some GPS today, 16T was 32mph and 17T was 38mph with dirt digger tyres on and off road "stance" up and down my street. Not as fast as i thought it would be BUT does it really need to be? 😁 Only using it on a gravel bmx track at the mo so it never gets flat out, thought it would be interesting though 🤔

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

Managed to get some GPS today, 16T was 32mph and 17T was 38mph with dirt digger tyres on and off road "stance" up and down my street. Not as fast as i thought it would be BUT does it really need to be? 😁 Only using it on a gravel bmx track at the mo so it never gets flat out, thought it would be interesting though 🤔

What battery are you running in that?

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

My Hyper 7 for conversion should be delivered tomorrow, then I’ll just be waiting on the Chinesium motor mount to arrive. 

I was surprised how quickly my mount arrived from AliExpress. It’s been in mine for a few runs now and does the job well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

My Hyper 7 for conversion should be delivered tomorrow, then I’ll just be waiting on the Chinesium motor mount to arrive. 

Our cheap mounts only took a week or so to turn up as well 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I have been looking for some kind of set up sheet for a while now for the Nitro VS, anyone know where I can find one?

I am running stock on an astro turf track and am looking for toe in, camber settings, shock oil weights etc..

I have some good modded astro tires (Schumacher minipins which I highly recommend for astro)

TIA

7 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

First Hyper lesson - should have threadlocked the pinion, and I don’t have any with me - man there’s a lot of torque!

It’s massively under sprung for where I drive too - it’s just bouncing off it’s belly constantly

Get the orange springs if you haven't already, I've been jumping mine off 7 foot ramps at a bmx track, it still slaps a bit but nowhere near as bad as the stock ones.

Any suggestions on what weight diff oils to use in where? (4s) I've got 5k in the back, 7k in the centre and 3k in the front at the minute, it does handle great but it's more rear biased and would like to get the front and rear more equal if possible. I've only got 3/5/7k oils to use atm, they could probably do with changing as been there a few months now so would like to change it up, Just unsure what to put in where to get it to "balance" out.

Edited by Scottyb

I set the springs really hard on my Hyper VSe, I run it on a farm track more on less full off road, and the stock was way to soft, always bottoming out and not enough ground clearance.

I have more ground clearance now the only thing is it doesn't handle the off road quite as well being so highly sprung, doesnt really jump just the back flips up when it hits uneven ground but its better than it being too soft. It also doesnt wheelie because there is little sag for the rear wheels to dig in, so just spins up the wheels which I a actually prefer to be fair.

I guess its not a rock racer as such despite trying to set it up like one.

But all the rock racers on the market (looks at the Losi line up) just break, so....guess you cant have everything.

Edited by BUDFORCE

On 16/08/2021 at 07:47, walkbythesea said:

First Hyper lesson - should have threadlocked the pinion, and I don’t have any with me - man there’s a lot of torque!

It’s massively under sprung for where I drive too - it’s just bouncing off it’s belly constantly

have you got regular or big bore shocks on the 7 ?

if regular these may help

rears

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-14mm-rear-shock-springs-white-firm-39671

cant seem to see fronts tho

VSe orange shocks if its got big bores

rears

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-hyper-ss-vs-rear-shock-spring-orange-pr-80mm-1kgf-cm-373990

Fronts

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-hyper-ss-vs-front-shock-spring-orange-pr-65mm-1kgf-cm-373989

Cool mate 

1 of 1st upgrades i did to my 7 was big bore shocks which helped me out but son still runs the standard shocks with blue springs on his 7 

Edited by Stormbringer